What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NC03NDI1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Was listening to the radio and then a voice broke through, which immediatly cuased goosebumps .... Spencer Wiggins was singing "I`d Rather Go Blind"  .... this Fame/XL Recording compi is a must have ....

OC0xODA3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Recently talked about James Carr, Spencer Wiggins and O.V. Wright being a league of their own .... this outstanding John Edwards LP from 1976 demonstrates how well the "Southern Soul 2nd Tier" was cast .... btw produced by David Porter ....

f6bb95dd2b.jpg

Richard Marks "Never Satisfied" (Now-Again Records) 2015 .... a sought after guitar player by greats like Al Green and Eddie Kendricks .... but Richard Marks was an outstanding Southern Soulster on his own recording for a myriad of small labels .... worth seeking out ....

6 hours ago, BFrank said:

I was really looking forward to this, and it's a nice album. But I was expected something a little more adventuresome. 

No rough edges, but I enjoy the atmosphere. A few more vocals would have been nice.

15 hours ago, jlhoots said:

No rough edges, but I enjoy the atmosphere. A few more vocals would have been nice.

I also expected a little collaboration with some of his many musician friends (other than his wife). Otherwise, it's pretty much a solo acoustic guitar album.

36 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

One of if not the first digital recording released on LP.

You may be right about this being one of the first digital recorded pop releases. Regarding classical music Denon was a frontrunner from 1972 onwards (from the late 70`s in co-operation with Supraphon)  .... and the earliest jazz digital recording goes back as far as 1971 (!!)

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/9408907-Steve-Marcus-J-Inagaki-Soul-Media-Something