Show yer collection! Be not afraid

BERIGAN

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MORE shelves equal more storage space. With higher I meant the distance between the shelves in one unit. Looks like 2 CDs would fit on top of each other. So why not have two shelves.

Might have been shelves orginally built for lps.

Or tall bottles o' beer.

Thanks for the compliments gang! The unit on the leftmost of the pic actually goes up twice as high as what you can see.

Couw-boy: The units with the big gaps came that way. They were left by the previous owner of the house my in-laws moved into a few months back.

If you guys think I'm tidy, check out Claude's pics! Now that's supa-dupa sweet looking! :wub:

All my stuff was done on the cheap/free/discards. I often fantasize about doing a custom-built unit with nice wood, built-in lighting and display shelves. Someday!

Claude,

Where do you buy those CD shelves?

I've bought these shelves in Germany a few years ago. On the first picture there is a modular shelf system from Hülsta (Now! Nr 2 series, out of production). I've added horizontal subdivisions for the CDs, by placing a jewel case upside down on every side and a cheap cut-to-measure board on top. That would also work with Bev's bookshelves ;)

The CD-R shelf on the last picture is from Ikea's office collection. Every shelf holds 350 CDs and costs $170. Unfortunately it is not available anymore.

Edited by Claude

Area 2: Left of the patio door.

Top: Various contemporary/avanty US things.

Second shelf: Up to 1945-ish (and some Aussie jazz and Norwegian/Finnish folk music!)

Third shelf: Miles, Coltrane, Mingus etc

Fourth shelf: ECMs and similar

Fifth shelf: Singers and Swedish folk

Sixth shelf: Piano, guitar and Euro jazz that's not ECMish.

Bev!

Let me know some details about those big,black speakers.Their model for instance!

damn! that doesn't seem to work! MSN wants us to be member to view the pics...  :(

Herr Couw, as they say in zat famous American television commercial, 'Can you C me now?' :wacko:

Tell me what you think zee little wooden boxes holding some japanese mini-lps are? I give you a free cd if you guess correctly!!! :g

yas, I see you now!

those boxes seem to originally have hidden a nice bottle of wine embedded in wood chips to prevent it from breaking; shove the lid through the furrow in the side planks to open. Nice.

I think I saw those wooden boxes at ze www.objectworhip.com Weizy! :P

Wow, a quick lesson in cabinet making too!

I have to say, I'm glad I don't have a way to show my chaotic collection keeping to you very impressive and organized folk!

Edited by jazzbo

I see your Blue Notes on the top shelves.

Ja my boy! TOCJs acquired merely to feed the human impulse to obtain satisfaction for the instinctual needs in accordance with the pleasure-principle!! They should all be sold for cigars and alcoholic beverages that could fill the Zuyder Zee! :blink:

Commodity Fetishism. We need some commentary out of Marx from the Red Menace!

--eric