Joke of the Day

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ken Dryden said:

At the Jazz Journalist Awards show one year, Soupy Sales was a guest host. He said he was in a self-help group, “Sex Without Partners.”

IIRC (and I often don't)  the only known footage of Brownie is from the Soupy Sales show.  Perhaps that's why they invited him. 

Several members of the Les Brown band were in a restaurant sometime around 1948. One of them asked the waitress for the cherry pie on the menu. She said, "I'm sorry, it's gone." "Crazy," he said, "bring me two pieces." (From Gene Lees, "The Mask: Shorty Pederstein")

My older cousin served three years in the Army during the Vietnam war. He described a situation in boot camp where the drill sargeant was harassing the men excessively. He got into one soldier's face and said with a grin, "I bet you'd like to piss on my grave."

The recruit responded, "No sir! After I get out of the Army, I'm never standing in line for anything!"

Patient to psychiatrist: "My doctor sent me to see you, he thinks I have kleptomania."

Psychiatrist to patient: "What are you taking for it?"

Edited by Ken Dryden

9 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

That reminds me of a joke about a woman in an ice cream shop that will be appreciated by anyone who has ever worked in retail.

i used to joke that people didn’t or wouldn’t read signs unless they contained one of three words: Free, nude or sex.

Reminds me that in this country in the1960s it was said that for big sales a newspaper headline had to mention nudity, hippies, religion, drugs and sex and that the ultimate headline was Nude Hippies in Church Drugs Orgy. :)

10 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

My older cousin served three years in the Army during the Vietnam war. He described a situation in boot camp where the drill sargeant was harassing the men excessively. He got into one soldier's face as said with a grin, "I bet you'd like to piss on my grave."

The recruit responded, "No sir! After I get out of the Army, I'm never standing in line for anything!"

That's a good one!