Looks like I picked the wrong game to bet my life savings for the 49ers on!

sgcim

On 1/29/2023 at 6:34 PM, sgcim said:

I've never seen a game with a QB that can't throw the ball!

Purdy suffered a complete tear of the UCL. Once he went out they weren’t going to win. Too bad because they could have won.  Even with a healthy backup their chances went out the window. 

KC can thrive without establishing the run which is good because Jordan Davis simply shuts that down. I don't think the Chiefs defense has what it takes to stop the Eagles offense though. You can't ever count out a Mahomes led offense but it's going to take some Eagles mistakes for the Chiefs to win this. 

I expect a close, hard-fought game. 

I don't really have a horse in the race, but I'll probably pull for Philadelphia -- since Jordan Davis is a former Bulldog.  ;) 

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Purdy suffered a complete tear of the UCL.

Yeah, I understand that he may need Tommy John surgery.  

Sorry to hear that for the kid.  Such a LONG recovery period... and no guarantees that his arm will ever be right again.

Edited by HutchFan

5 hours ago, JSngry said:

I'm an old-skool/hardcore AFL guy. So my heart is in with the Dallas Texans.

+1

However, the Eagles are a pre-expansion team, which is good too.

I started collecting NFL and CFL bubble gum cards in 1959.  Since then, 7 of the 9 CFL teams remain unchanged, while 9 (if we include L.A.) of the 12 NFL teams remain unchanged.

It’s an almost unwatchable Super Bowl. I dislike both teams but to have the dirty birds win another title? No thanks.  One good thing. Hopefully, Eagles fans won’t be able to throw eggs at opposing fans like they did on Sunday. I guess Santa Claus wasn’t around. 

On 1/31/2023 at 11:33 AM, Brad said:

Purdy suffered a complete tear of the UCL. Once he went out they weren’t going to win. Too bad because they could have won.  Even with a healthy backup their chances went out the window. 

I didn't know it was that bad. The game literally ended at that point.

As a lifetime Giants fan, watching those Eagles fans made me want to puke. There was a great independent movie made about this subject called "Big Fan". If we want to follow the scenario in that film, we have no other recourse than to kidnap "Philadelphia Phil", AKA felser! 😁

25 minutes ago, sgcim said:

I didn't know it was that bad. The game literally ended at that point.

As a lifetime Giants fan, watching those Eagles fans made me want to puke. There was a great independent movie made about this subject called "Big Fan". If we want to follow the scenario in that film, we have no other recourse than to kidnap "Philadelphia Phil", AKA felser! 😁

Yeah, it was that bad. It seems that he may avoid Tommy John surgery, which would allow him to be ready for training camp.