HydroFlask, Yeti, etc.

I don't know about those, but this is what I use:

https://www.miir.com/products/travel-tumbler-360-lid-stainless-steel-vacuum-insulated?variant=39546732249162

I like it because the lid never leaks, as the lid itself screws into place, and the opening is a push button. I've carried this one sideways and even upside down while trying to get all of my stuff out of the car and there have been no leaks at all. I have found that other travel mugs eventually leak at the lid.

Yeti was acquired years ago by Coleman or some other large company. Their specs were probably best in class for coolers and were aimed at sportsmen for hunting or fishing. The travel mugs were probably mostly for merch sales to promote the brand but definitely work well. FWIU, they lease those patents out to other manufacturers now, so some thermoses (?) are going to be basically the same product. What are yetis like $10-$20 anyway? 

1 hour ago, bresna said:

Yeti travel mugs have almost unbelievable thermal retention. I can fill one with hot coffee and after an hour drive, it's still very hot as if it was just poured..

The only drawback to them is that they are pretty expensive.

Very expensive but very sturdy and my experience is similar.  They are  phenomenal at keeping coffee hot for extended periods.

Just now, Eric said:

Very expensive but very sturdy and my experience is similar.  They are  phenomenal at keeping coffee hot for extended periods.  Good gift for the "person who has everything" 😀