Herbie Hancock & Chick Corea Live

Teasing the Korean

Yes, Herbie-Chick...that was a big deal in the late 70´s. 
Their album sold very well. Maybe it was not the players who mostly bought it, it was more the audiences. But it was part of our collections.
Most of us were big fans of VSOP, some of the not strictly jazz bound folks were more into RTF, but I remember that each new record on the marked was discussed and spinned in company. 
We all had typical well selling records of that time, mostly from the Milestone or CBS label. VSOP, McCoy´s "Supertrios", "Milestone Stars in Concert", and sure the Hancock-Corea duo album, though in my case it got lesser spinning . But I still like to listen to it, mostly for recreating the "mood" of those days......

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2023 at 1:43 AM, Gheorghe said:

Yes, Herbie-Chick...that was a big deal in the late 70´s. 
Their album sold very well.

They actually released two double albums in the late 70's, one on Columbia (Hancock's label) and one on Polydor (Corea's label).  Both are plenty good.  I saw them live at the Tower Theater in Philly during that tour.

Herbie Hancock & Chick Corea ‎– An Evening With Herbie Hancock & Chick–  Shuga Records

Chick Corea / Herbie Hancock - An Evening With Chick Corea And Herbie  Hancock (CD) | MusicCircle

Edited by felser

5 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Has anyone who clicked on this thread actually listened to the video in the first post?

Since you asked...

I made it through a couple of minutes, thought it was mind-blowingly, surrealistically weird and bad...then switched to the Youtube link with comments.

🤣

4 hours ago, rostasi said:

To be honest, I don't think the original was all that much better - especially whatever Herbie was rubbing out.

Pass on the original, thanks. Thank goodness I never saw it.

Edited by T.D.