It's that time, again.  I know there was some confusion about where to find last year's list, so for 2024, assuming I can edit this post continually, it'll be right here.  It's first-come, first serve, but as much as possible I'd like to keep a year between hosts, please.

January - Dan Gould

February - Tony Jerant Tribute BFT (Part 1)

March - Tony Jerant Tribute BFT (Part 2)

April - randyhersom

May - Mjzee

June - Dub Modal

July - tkeith

August - Ken Dryden

September -

October - WebbCity

November - JSngry

December - felser

Edited by tkeith

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am finishing up my January submission and so I was naming tracks and I came to a realization:

Whoever takes March will be the 240th, i.e. 20th year anniversary, BFT!

Makes me wonder whether the folks still involved should all contribute one single track, a group BFT for #240.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, tkeith said:

Well, let me put it this way, if someone else wants to take control of compiling it, I'll support the idea, but there are enough challenges dealing with ONE test creator at a time. 

LOL.  Well if there is more buy-in, I would take on being the person to accept MP3s from compilers and doing the upload at the end of February.  Maybe I should start a thread in January and see if 10-12 people want to contribute one track for March.

45 minutes ago, JSngry said:

It might be easier to compile if you just named the tracks by contributor instead of track number/ order? 

There's a possibility if it would work in Thom's player.  I imagine would just be alphabetized then

Dan_Gould

Jim_Sangrey

John_Felser

etc.

1 hour ago, felser said:

Might end up making for an epic-length BFT, depending on how many people participate in providing tracks.  I always hold things to 80 minutes (1 CD-R) regardless of how many tracks I would like to include.

Well there are about 9-10 regular compilers over the last 2-3 years and a couple of slots that have floated a bit. I think it should be first 12 to express a desire to contribute (if there are that many) and if we don't have a plethora of long tunes, ought to be of manageable length.