What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-ordered from Dusty Groove today, two albums due to be available at the end of January 2024:

waldro_malw_reminicen_101b.jpg

Mal Waldron-Terumasa Hino - Reminiscent Suite (Victor JP)
BBE reissue

irakere~~~~_grupoirak_101b.jpg

Irakere - Grupo Irakere (Areito/EGREM)
Mr. Bongo reissue

Both albums are long-time favorites, but I've only heard them as MP3 downloads.  The collector in me loves that I will finally have these albums as tangible objects, and the music lover in me can't wait to hear them in higher fidelity!  :g

Edited by HutchFan

1 minute ago, BFrank said:

Disagree. Very interesting landscape/street photos.

ECM does it all the timel.

Obviously this is a matter of personal taste .... but thankfully these cover photos separate themselves from ECM .... and as said the topic "photographies depicting boredom" an interesting topic (to me) ....

Those Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou titles are quite nice.
Around 20 years ago, I picked up some of her work
and would include it in discs I'd made for restaurants - 
some Ethiopian - but didn't think much more about her
until her music started showing up last year on Wal-Mart
commercials. Stunned, I started listening again -
and then she died earlier this year at nearly 100,
so the nun and her piano became a pretty regular thing
around these parts.

I'm taking some time off from work for the holidays.  So this morning, I drove up to McKay's, a giant music & book store in Chattanooga.  I spent the better part of the day there.  I took my time, looked through a lot of stuff, including their bargain bins.

Here's what I brought home:

CD-Pix.jpg

LP-pix.jpg

22 CDs and 21 LPs.  And the total -- out the door -- was less than $100.

All of the classical LPs were one dollar each (!) -- including those six Philips LPs, all of which are in pristine condition.

The Genesis Wind & Wuthering LP is a Charisma label UK import, also in NM- condition.  W & W is one of my desert-island albums.  I've already got the ATCO US vinyl and the CD.  But I couldn't resist; it was the most expensive title of the day at $10.99.  Reputedly, the Charisma is the best sounding version.  We'll see.

A nice Christmas haul, eh?  :g

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I'm taking some time off from work for the holidays.  So this morning, I drove up to McKay's, a giant music & book store in Chattanooga.  I spent the better part of the day there.  I took my time, looked through a lot of stuff, including their bargain bins.

CD-Pix.jpg

LP-pix.jpg

All of the classical LPs were one dollar each (!) -- including those six Philips LPs, all of which are in pristine condition.

The Genesis Wind & Wuthering LP is a Charisma label UK import, also in NM- condition.  W & W is one of my desert-island albums.  I've already got the ATCO US vinyl and the CD.  But I couldn't resist; it was the most expensive title of the day at $10.99.  Reputedly, the Charisma is the best sounding version.  We'll see.

❤️Nanci Griffith "Othe Voices Other Rooms"❤️ .... and and a good haul overall 👏 ....

5 hours ago, HutchFan said:

CD-Pix.jpg

LP-pix.jpg

My favourite Charles Lloyd in there, the first tune will blow your mind

9 hours ago, mjazzg said:

My favourite Charles Lloyd in there, the first tune will blow your mind

Just now finished listening to the first cut.  You're right.  It's fantastic.

I love this band with Stenson, Jormin, and Hart.  I have All My Relations and The Call.  But I'd never gotten 'round to Canto.  Glad I finally got it.  ;)