What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Used the importcds sale to try three of the xrcd24s: Back to the Tracks, The Big Beat and Cape Verdean Blues. Also added the Frank Wess/Johnny Coles Uptown release and Flight for Four (international phonograph). Once we get an estimate on a front porch replacement I hope to splurge on the new Mosaic Louis Armstrong and Chuck's two newest. Then I'm done buying for the year. B-)

Nicole Mitchell's Sonic Projections - The Secret Escapades of Velvet Anderson [2014, Rogue Art]

19118.jpg

Broetzmann /Adasiewicz / Edwards / Noble - Mental Shake [2014,OTOroku]

v200_ROKU010-front-cover-1800x1800.jpg

Undivided - Moves Between Clouds [2011, Multikulti]

mpt002.jpg

Hera - Where My Comple Beloved is [2011, Multikulti]

mpi016.jpg

Hera with Hamid Drake - Seven Lines [2013, Multikulti]

53629a8bdffc1.preview-300.jpg

R-369301-1283198637.jpeg

HA! I've checked Ebay, Discogs and everything in between for this album nearly every day for the last 3 years. Never once seen it, not even for absurd prices. Somehow, two copies turned up on Ebay simultaneously and here we go. Now for my next great White Whale, Joe McPhee's Songs & Dances...

R-369301-1283198637.jpeg

HA! I've checked Ebay, Discogs and everything in between for this album nearly every day for the last 3 years. Never once seen it, not even for absurd prices. Somehow, two copies turned up on Ebay simultaneously and here we go. Now for my next great White Whale, Joe McPhee's Songs & Dances...

Hey man, album cover pic is not showing up for me and i'm genuinely curious to know what the album is if you get a chance!

My latest purchases: I splurged on Sonny Rollins, ordering The Prestige Albums Universal Italy box set (bare bones but i really liked the Coltrane one), The Contemporary Leaders, Alfie and Horn Culture. With that i think i'll now have every album he recorded as a leader through to Horn Culture apart from The Big Brass.