Mosaic Select Toshiko Akiyoshi-Lew Tabackin Big Band

Offered for sale is a great (and pretty rare) Mosaic Select:

Mosaic Select: Toshiko Akiyoshi-Lew Tabackin Big Band

(3 CD, Mosaic Select, 2008)

Limited Edition of 5,000 sets.

This is a nice copy. I would rate the slipcase as VG+ due to the usual minor shelf wear to slipcase corners (quite common on the thin cardboard Mosaic Select slipcases), some slight rubbing to upper front panel of slipcase, and a small, perhaps 1/4", rubbed area to lower right corner of lower spine of slipcase due to what appears to be a price sticker removal as it still has a very small edge of price sticker present there. Jewel cases and CDs are all in excellent condition. Booklet is in nice condition save for a small (approx. 1") crease to top of rear cover of booklet. 

There are only a few copies for sale on discogs and the lowest current price on discogs is $90. I will offer it here for $11 lower than the lowest discogs price (see discogs link below).

$79 + $6 media mail shipping (I will cover postal insurance). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

https://www.discogs.com/release/3961301-Toshiko-Akiyoshi-Lew-Tabackin-Big-Band-Mosaic-Select

Pics available upon request (please pm me an email address if pics desired so I can email photos).

Satisfaction Guaranteed: Item is as described, and I will pack the item well, ship it in a sturdy small box, and provide a tracking # after shipping. However, if Buyer is unhappy with the item for whatever reason, Buyer may return the item to Seller (Buyer pays return shipping) within 7 days of receipt for a refund.

Finally, please note that I can only mail items on a Friday or Saturday.

Thanks.

Edited by pglbook

1 hour ago, pglbook said:

This is a nice copy. I would rate the slipcase as VG+ due to the usual minor shelf wear to slipcase corners (quite common on the thin cardboard Mosaic Select slipcases), some slight rubbing to upper front panel of slipcase, and a small, perhaps 1/4", rubbed area to lower right corner of lower spine of slipcase due to what appears to be a price sticker removal as it still has a very small edge of price sticker present there. Jewel cases and CDs are all in excellent condition. Booklet is in nice condition save for a small (approx. 1") crease to top of rear cover of booklet. 

There are only a few copies for sale on discogs and the lowest current price on discogs is $90. I will offer it here for $11 lower than the lowest discogs price (see discogs link below).

$79 + $6 media mail shipping (I will cover postal insurance). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

https://www.discogs.com/release/3961301-Toshiko-Akiyoshi-Lew-Tabackin-Big-Band-Mosaic-Select

Pics available upon request (please pm me an email address if pics desired so I can email photos).

Satisfaction Guaranteed: Item is as described, and I will pack the item well, ship it in a sturdy small box, and provide a tracking # after shipping. However, if Buyer is unhappy with the item for whatever reason, Buyer may return the item to Seller (Buyer pays return shipping) within 7 days of receipt for a refund.

Thanks.

I had most of these on vinyl and bought this set anyway.  Lovely music ...

Price reduced to $75 (+ shipping). Thanks.

There are only a few copies for sale on discogs and the lowest current price on discogs is $90. I will offer it here for $15 lower than the lowest discogs price (see discogs link below).

$75 + $6 media mail shipping (I will cover postal insurance). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Thanks.

On 3/20/2024 at 11:03 AM, clifford_thornton said:

Nice! I have some Toshiko LPs, including a couple with Tabackin. All of them are small or small-ish group affairs.

On 3/20/2024 at 10:44 AM, mr jazz said:

I had the pleasure of seeing this wonderful big band in the 80s at a small club in DC-a great experience. Buy this set!

As a bonus, Frank Wess was part of the band.

Posted (edited)

Last chance...I will leave this for sale until end-of-day today (March 23) and, if it does not sell, I will then return it to my collection or perhaps trade it in, along with some other items, at my local used record store. Thanks.

There are only a few copies for sale on discogs and the lowest current price on discogs is $90. I will offer it here for $15 lower than the lowest discogs price (see discogs link below).

$75 + $6 media mail shipping (I will cover postal insurance). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Edited by pglbook

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Still available...I decided to keep this up for sale. 

Edited by pglbook

It's good music at a good price, lower than any of the copies currently for sale on Discogs. I have it and can recommend it.

On 3/21/2024 at 5:35 PM, mr jazz said:

As a bonus, Frank Wess was part of the band.

.... but does not play on any of the recordings in that set.