Mosaic box lids

What's the deal with the remove-ability of the box lids of Mosaic Complete sets? Sometimes the lid is attached and can be opened as if the lid was the cover of a book. Other times the lid is not attached and can be completely removed from the box. I prefer to be able to remove the lid from the box. I can set the lid aside to get better access to the box. I don't have to be concerned about ripping the spine. I don't have to be concerned about the spine wearing as the set ages.

Why is this? Why is Mosaic not consistent? What causes the design of a given set to have the lid be removable or not? Does Mosaic have the sets manufactured in different locations and it depends on the manufacturer?

Just wondering...

I think that the Turrentine set was the first released with the removable box lid, prior to that set, they all had the hinge. I guess that since then, any sets that they had to re-press came with the new set up as well. I prefer the new system, its easier to open.

I wonder if anybody else does this?

I always place the Mosaic receipt, the computer-printed receipt, under the plastic insert-tray in the Mosaic Complete boxes. I don't know why, it just seems important to keep the 'official' receipt from Mosaic. It has the computer-printed set number on it.

I wonder if anybody else does this?

I always place the Mosaic receipt, the computer-printed receipt, under the plastic insert-tray in the Mosaic Complete boxes. I don't know why, it just seems important to keep the 'official' receipt from Mosaic. It has the computer-printed set number on it.

What? Are you crazy?!?! :w:wacko:

Oh yeah, I do the same thing. :P

I keep mine in a file of "receipts of important stuff." I figured as it does have a serial number on it, if the Mosaic was stolen :angry: I'd be able to ID it should it pop up at a local used record store or wherever. Longshot I know, but what the heck.

MY GOD!! The way you guys act about Mosaic sets, you would think that they were Beanie Babies, or Cabbage Patch Dolls. This "fetishism" about receipts, making dupes and never playing the originals, etc. etc. is turning them into the Franklin Mint of reissues .... :g

Edited by garthsj

I keep the receipt under the tray as well.  The only problem is those "multiple set" orders, but with my cash flow, that really doesn't happen that often...

You generally get more than one copy of the receipt from Mosaic. The pink copy and the yellow copy. Place the pink copy in one box and the yellow copy in the other.

See? Problem solved. icon9.gif

Count me among the receipt keepers. I suppose at some point it might be interesting to go back and look at your purchasing chronology. I also have a lock of hair from my dog's tail I cut off when she was a puppy. It's in a baggie under the plastic tray in the Larry Young box. Anyone else do this with their dog's hair?

Up over and out.

I keep the receipt under the tray as well.  The only problem is those "multiple set" orders, but with my cash flow, that really doesn't happen that often...

You generally get more than one copy of the receipt from Mosaic. The pink copy and the yellow copy. Place the pink copy in one box and the yellow copy in the other.

See? Problem solved. icon9.gif

And what about the other four boxes I got with that same order?

I just pile them up somewhere, but usually I do keep them - don't ask me why!

On topic: the only un-attached I have is the Atlantic NO, but then that was the first one I bought since maybe 3 years.

ubu

I KNOW WHAT!! Let's start trading up customer numbers .... My customer number is #1293. I figure that is worth at least $96.00 to some Johnny-come-lately who languishes in the 10,000's ... any takers? The object of this game is to be in THE TOP TEN!

Anyone out there want to set a price range for these numbers.. ?

B)

I KNOW WHAT!! Let's start trading up customer numbers .... My customer number is #1293. I figure that is worth at least $96.00 to some Johnny-come-lately who languishes in the 10,000's ... any takers? The object of this game is to be in THE TOP TEN!

Anyone out there want to set a price range for these numbers.. ?

B)

Get lost, old man! :rmad:

I'm one of those late(-by-birth)-comers... I wish I had been aware of Mosaic before I got my first box when I was like 16 years of age...

ubu :)