Mosaic box lids

• 2 weeks later...

First I carefully place the receipt in an acid-free zip lock baggie.

Next I remove and discard all extraneous matter from the box, such as the actual CDs and booklet.

Finally, I lovingly place the zip-locked receipt in the now-cavernous box.

Call me anal, but I think it's the safest way to go.

Finally, I lovingly place the zip-locked receipt in the now-cavernous box. Call me anal, but I think it's the safest way to go.

Hmmm... well, you will keep the Mosaic receipt safe. In this way, when the box does finally wear out... the receipt will still maintain the safety of the acid-free baggie. dunno.gif

:rolleyes: Amateurs...

All of this is pointless if you don't first take the precaution of carefully bathing the receipt in a high alkaline solution of four parts distilled water to one part baking soda in order to neutralize the acidity of the receipt paper. Then, of course, you carefully air dry the receipt in a dark, cool place, carefully pressed between two sheets of mylar and two one inch thick metal plates held together at precisely four foot/pound torque.

I mean, if you're going to do it right... :wacko:

Because of this thread, when I placed my order for the New Orleans & TKM boxes last week I asked Scott if he could send me boxes with removable lids. Sure enough, both came in with removable lids. I'm happy.

My receipts self destruct in about a year. The ink fades away. Maybe I should look into this "acid-free baggie" set-up...

:)

Later,

Kevin