How's the weather?

Worst day of the winter so far!

Nothing to speak of snow wise (though I believe it is bad in the west). But early in the morning it rained onto cold ground. Black ice everywhere.

It's quite unnerving when you go into first, press the accelerator and...nothing happens! I was lucky, only a few slides. But the area around work was mayhem. Loads of colleagues did 180 and 360 degree turns, a few crashes (none serious). Once again, very disruptive to the school day. Even the kids are fed up of snow now.

Looks like the temperature is going up on Friday, thank goodness.

Yes, just checked BBC weather forecast - 6 degrees on Sunday. I might even forego my vest that day.

I hear what you're saying about that ice Bev - I took the kids to school today and used the pushchair for the youngest, which was very hard work. Finding a stretch of de-iced pavement was a real relief, rather than something you wouldn't even think about in normal circumstances.

Nothing to speak of snow wise (though I believe it is bad in the west). But early in the morning it rained onto cold ground. Black ice everywhere.

It's quite unnerving when you go into first, press the accelerator and...nothing happens! I was lucky, only a few slides. But the area around work was mayhem. Loads of colleagues did 180 and 360 degree turns, a few crashes (none serious). Once again, very disruptive to the school day. Even the kids are fed up of snow now.

8 degrees C here in Cornwall. Just about to dig out my shorts and find the sun cream.

8 degrees C here in Cornwall. Just about to dig out my shorts and find the sun cream.

They'd be putting the outside tables up in Nottingham if it got that warm!

After about 3 weeks or so where it didn't get above 45 degrees, 2 days in a row of mid 50's to 60 made it almost feel like spring in the ATL! :excited:

It's been so cold, for so long, that a nearby creek/small river was getting some ice on it! Never seen that before. I saw a small man made lake yesterday, and it still had a thin layer of ice in spots.

Edited by BERIGAN

And just like that, the snow is gone, replaced by rain.

I can see the garden again, in all it's brown, wet, sloppy mid-Winter glory.

Vanished overnight! Just a few, forlorn dollops of snowmen left.

Horrible wet rain now! Still cold.

Of course, if you see a field full of carrots its really just a snowman's graveyard.

Of course, if you see a field full of carrots its really just a snowman's graveyard.

There will be a few mangy scarves too.

There will be a few mangy scarves too.

Yes - found my son's old woolly hat on the lawn this morning. It was the December snowman's hat which was left on the ground when that lot melted, then covered up by January's deluge.

Do they put pipes in snowmen these days?

I'd imagine they've gone the same way as these things:

sweetcigs.jpg

Gosh, I can still imagine the taste and texture! Can't have been around since the 60s.

Good grief - I haven't seen that for the best part of 40 years !

Used to collect the cards from those and walk around with those sweet ciggies in my mouth thinking I was cool. How deluded..

And bring back Bazooka Joe !

Edited by sidewinder

We are having amazingly good weather in SoCal. I'm in my workroom, with all the windows open, and a nice breeze is coming though -- temp 71.

When I was down in SoCal to vist family and friends during New Years, the weather was perfect then, too.

Clean air, 70s....outstanding!

Almost makes me want to move back down there. Then I get on the freeways and it quickly passes. Ugh.