What record would you pay $100 for

Guest ariceffron

I´m currently watching the "Miles Davis Story" DVD for the first time, and I would definitely pay $100 for a DVD that contains the complete video tapes of those german, british and danish TV appearances from the 60's.

Berlin 1973. Perfect TV quality, excellent camera work with close ups etc. Why can't we have this instead of a Montreux 20CD set?

Edited by Claude

I´m currently watching the "Miles Davis Story" DVD for the first time, and I would definitely pay $100 for a DVD that contains the complete video tapes of those german, british and danish TV appearances from the 60's.

Berlin 1973. Perfect TV quality, excellent camera work with close ups etc. Why can't we have this instead of a Montreux 20CD set?

What is the answer to that question?

I might pay $100 for a sealed original lp pressing of Eric Dolpy Out To Lunch! or Larry Young Unity or $100 for both Walt Dickerson/Richard Davis lp's. I also might pay $100 for a fresh lp of Air Air Time.

Then again, I don't even buy LPs. Its good to see you around aric. You might want to at least pay ss1 shipping for the infamous stolen disc. Its only fair dude. Anyway, none of my business. When are you going to post some mp3s of your own music?

I'd *consider* paying that much for a copy of the rejected Jackie McLean Blue Note session with Woody Shaw, Tyrone Washington, and Bobby Hutcherson - but only if the copy offered to me were legal. The only scenario under which this would occur is if Blue Note decided to put out a series of super rarities where the pressing was so limited that they had to charge an arm and a leg for it (call it the 'Fanatics' Choice' series).

Bertrand.

$100 for an LP.

At Buck Owens Crystal Palace, he's trying to sell his early Capitol LPs for $100 each. SEALED (from the 60's)

I assume he'll sign them for you too.

Supposedly, he had a case of each LP when he was making records.

Edited by Tjazz

I'd *consider* paying that much for a copy of the rejected Jackie McLean Blue Note session with Woody Shaw, Tyrone Washington, and Bobby Hutcherson - but only if the copy offered to me were legal. The only scenario under which this would occur is if Blue Note decided to put out a series of super rarities where the pressing was so limited that they had to charge an arm and a leg for it (call it the 'Fanatics' Choice' series).

Bertrand.

Ditto me, plus Tyrone's "Trainwreck" sessions.

An original copy of the Mingus issue of Music Written for Monterey, Not Heard.

:tup

that might be the only one I'd pay this much for!

ubu

Maybe a Mint original Candid copy of Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus and of Mingus, as I've always wondered if earlier releases of these great records were afflicted by the print-through echo that is on all of the versions I've acquired over the years.