wesbed

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should go to Cho.

Posts per day 0

I like his "hands off" approach.  :D

Some people only post when they have something to say. Strange concept I know. :P

So what is the definition of having something to say?

Are we only allowed to post a message that adds to jazz scholarship in general?

I used to think this was a place where we could just shoot the breeze. To tell the truth, all these comments on junk posts, etc... have taken a lot of the fun out of this place for me. I no longer post :lol: in reply. I used to do so because I know how much it stinks to post something cool and feel like it was ignored.

I know that "stupid questions" thread was annoying to many, but to those participating, it was a lot of fun. Maybe this place has been sour at times because the good-natured fun has been discouraged around here.

I guess I better go write a thesis so I can post something worthwhile here. I'd hate to see an Organissimo forums get together. Would we just stand around and only utter profundities, or would we just be cool and talk about the weather or our kids, etc... These are the kinds of things that build goodwill towards each other.

I don't mean to be offensive, but I really hate this attitude. I live with enough rules in my real life. Maybe we could have a thread or section of the forum for those of us who (as some believe here) are junk posters. That way, the intellectuals won't have to deal with those of us who are beneath them.

I'm off to work on my next post. It will be about the morning of April 14, 1965 and what type of toothpaste Lee Morgan used. Most biographers believe it was Crest, but I have an alternate theory. There seems to have been a shift in his sound and I attribute it to a different toothpaste. You know how a fresh mouth makes you feel... :ph34r:

Posts per day 0

Some people only post when they have something to say. Strange concept I know. :P

I used to think this was a place where we could just shoot the breeze. To tell the truth, all these comments on junk posts, etc... have taken a lot of the fun out of this place for me. I no longer post :lol: in reply. I used to do so because I know how much it stinks to post something cool and feel like it was ignored.

I know that "stupid questions" thread was annoying to many, but to those participating, it was a lot of fun. Maybe this place has been sour at times because the good-natured fun has been discouraged around here.

I guess I better go write a thesis so I can post something worthwhile here. I'd hate to see an Organissimo forums get together. Would we just stand around and only utter profundities, or would we just be cool and talk about the weather or our kids, etc... These are the kinds of things that build goodwill towards each other.

I don't mean to be offensive, but I really hate this attitude. I live with enough rules in my real life. Maybe we could have a thread or section of the forum for those of us who (as some believe here) are junk posters. That way, the intellectuals won't have to deal with those of us who are beneath them.

I'm off to work on my next post. It will be about the morning of April 14, 1965 and what type of toothpaste Lee Morgan used. Most biographers believe it was Crest, but I have an alternate theory. There seems to have been a shift in his sound and I attribute it to a different toothpaste. You know how a fresh mouth makes you feel... :ph34r:

Good points AB. :tup

I'm off to work on my next post. It will be about the morning of April 14, 1965 and what type of toothpaste Lee Morgan used. Most biographers believe it was Crest, but I have an alternate theory. There seems to have been a shift in his sound and I attribute it to a different toothpaste. You know how a fresh mouth makes you feel.

Lee Morgan was the 'toothpaste factor?' I never knew. I always thought it was Hank Mobley who found a way to make his sound more 'round' with toothpaste.

I love this Board! I learn something new every day. :lol:

I'm off to work on my next post. It will be about the morning of April 14, 1965 and what type of toothpaste Lee Morgan used. Most biographers believe it was Crest, but I have an alternate theory. There seems to have been a shift in his sound and I attribute it to a different toothpaste. You know how a fresh mouth makes you feel.

Lee Morgan was the 'toothpaste factor?' I never knew. I always thought it was Hank Mobley who found a way to make his sound more 'round' with toothpaste.

I love this Board! I learn something new every day. :lol:

:lol:

Just wait until I start on my dental floss theories... :P

Posts per day 0

Way to go!

Not for the first time you make a great deal of sense.

Che.

Thank you. :tup

I feel like this attitude has made me self conscious (in a negative way) about my posts on this board. :(

Jeff, I really think you're one of the most valuable posters on this board. Whether I agree with you or not, you always make sense.

Post as much as you like, about anything you like -- and if other people don't like it, well -- that's their problem.

Thank you. :tup

I feel like this attitude has made me self conscious (in a negative way) about my posts on this board. :(

What struck me about your post, was a kind of sense of frustration and anger about the way the board sometimes is. What makes this board a place to 'hang out' for me, is that one can be serious, be a jazz critic, post opinions whilst at the same time joke, post non-serious posts etc etc.

I give little time to those who are critical because person a, in their opinion has nothing to say, or justs posts a word or two in my World it is always good to talk ;)

Che.

Thank you.  :tup

I feel like this attitude has made me self conscious (in a negative way) about my posts on this board.  :(

Jeff, I really think you're one of the most valuable posters on this board. Whether I agree with you or not, you always make sense.

Post as much as you like, about anything you like -- and if other people don't like it, well -- that's their problem.

I agree with your sentiments.

Che.

Thank you.  :tup

I feel like this attitude has made me self conscious (in a negative way) about my posts on this board.  :(

I agree with your sentiments.

Che.

Thank you!

I'm off to work on my next post. It will be about the morning of April 14, 1965 and what type of toothpaste Lee Morgan used. Most biographers believe it was Crest, but I have an alternate theory. There seems to have been a shift in his sound and I attribute it to a different toothpaste. You know how a fresh mouth makes you feel...  :ph34r:

mouth_jazz.jpg

I'm off to work on my next post. It will be about the morning of April 14, 1965 and what type of toothpaste Lee Morgan used. Most biographers believe it was Crest, but I have an alternate theory. There seems to have been a shift in his sound and I attribute it to a different toothpaste. You know how a fresh mouth makes you feel...  :ph34r:

mouth_jazz.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Isn't that the stuff Coltrane picked up in Japan in '66? I believe it contributed to the awesome recordings he did in '67.

;)

Che,

you are a slimeball and a pest. You post too much uninformed and lazy crap and it takes you three posts in a row at that. Then you proceed to suck up to long standing board members by singing their praise. I have no doubt that that is what they teach you in psych school, but it really rubs the wrong way, not just with me.

Plus, you got off on a *really* bad start with your anti-semitism. Those posts rang really deep with some people around here and I think you will *never* make up for that with some. Blame them, but they will blame you and will have much more of a right to do so. If you cannot fathom that, you are the stupid one, I am sorry to say. BTW and on that account, I still only have a hearty fuck you for you.

That was a real stupid move.

Carry on as you see fit.

couw