• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Which disc is that???

Yes, this was the "Lineatre" series from Italy, I purchased it in 1978. This, and the french Musidisc (see my above posted "Tanganyika Strut" were a very fine and cheap way for a budding jazz lover to purchase as much as possible material . Don´t forget in the 70´s a lot of classic albums were OOP. If I could get some discography or recommendations for albums, at least every 2nd one was OOP, BN was just a fiasco, most of the stuff not to purchase, a welcome exception were the BN LA-Series 2 LP sets. I remember one of my favourites was "Paul Chambers - John Coltrane" with much of the "Whims of Chambers" stuff, the stuff with Kenny Drew from the Westcoast and the three tracks from the Transition-Label.

15 hours ago, soulpope said:

So good ....

His version of "There Stands a Glass" is great. I like it better than Webb Pierce's version or Conway Twitty's version, and I like both of those a lot. Unfortunately none the versions on YouTube are not from his On the Boardwalk album. That's the best version I've heard.

This version is a good one:

Edited by paul secor

Charles Mingus ———Jazz in Detroit/ Strata Concert Gallery/ 46 Selden———(BBE)

LP 1 of this set. First spin and I have to say......wow....I’ve not listened to much Mingus in a while but this will change that.  LP set is nicely produced in a strong box and quality LP sized booklet. 

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

Charles Mingus ———Jazz in Detroit/ Strata Concert Gallery/ 46 Selden———(BBE)

LP 1 of this set. First spin and I have to say......wow....I’ve not listened to much Mingus in a while but this will change that.  LP set is nicely produced in a strong box and quality LP sized booklet. 

I'm not sure whether I'm pleased to hear that or not :rolleyes:. I might have to spend out on it now...