• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

liking Rocking on the Rhein - great sound and the piano sounds wonderful

I often like the band with just the 1 drummer

still not liking the 1989 sets as much as a couple of friends - Without a Net and the new 3 CD and DVD from JFK - Myland is just too busy and the band sometimes noodles...

for me I like the Hartford 1977 (with a great Terrapin) and the dicks picks from March 24, 1973 as much as anything I have

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And we're nowhere near April 1st. I recall some rec.music.gdead (I think) prank years ago about such a thing. I knew it'd happen someday, but it's still hard to believe it's finally going to happen.

LOL!

Wow. Unexpectedly cool. They're going for it while there's a remnant of a market for discs. They must need some money.

"We're going to have to sell 3,000". . . I don't think they are going to have a problem, or more accurately I guess I'd be surprised if they didn't have to worry about that.

LOL!

Wow. Unexpectedly cool. They're going for it while there's a remnant of a market for discs. They must need some money.

"We're going to have to sell 3,000". . . I don't think they are going to have a problem, or more accurately I guess I'd be surprised if they didn't have to worry about that.

That necessary pre-sales target is actually a smart idea in this day and age of huge uncertainty about the CD market. I wouldn't be so sure that they will easily meet the target, considering that the prospect of spending 450 dollars on CDs in 2011 is not a given for most people, and a good portion of true Dead fanatics have most of these soundboards at any rate.

But I will try to do my part and put in a pre-order soon.

Dead.net posted last night that they were going to stop taking orders "temporarily" in order to catch up w/ the flood of orders they got yesterday.

I wonder how many orders are from merchants buying 100 copies, to appear on ebay at $2,500 a set? Grateful Dead / Rhino are a joke. :tdown:angry:

Dead.net posted last night that they were going to stop taking orders "temporarily" in order to catch up w/ the flood of orders they got yesterday.

I had to laugh when I read this over at Hoffman:

"They're obviously idiots over there at Rhino/Grateful Dead, that's obvious. They announce a box, we all bite, then they can't handle it. At $450 a pop. Ridiculous."

I had to laugh when I read this over at Hoffman:

"They're obviously idiots over there at Rhino/Grateful Dead, that's obvious. They announce a box, we all bite, then they can't handle it. At $450 a pop. Ridiculous."

It's true, how could they be unprepared for the rush, especially after the 1969 Filmore West fiasco?