Baseball 2005

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, the Sox have lost three straight only twice this season, and not since July 18.

Well, then y'all are just about due for another one, doncha think? :g

That said, I'm far from counting y'all out either. Boston's a proven post season contender, and I'm sure that you guys are all drooling over the idea of a rematch of last year's ALCS.

So, I have to hope that Freddy works his magic on the road again today.

Either Dan or I will be talking shit in about 2.5 hours or so, methinks...

Well, start talking!!! Congratulations. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this last game once El Duque came in. If the Yanks get past the Angels, it definitely will be tough getting past the team with the best record in the AL. (To think that El Duque and especially Contreras might do us in, ugh!)

El Duque should get the posteason Houdini award!!!

No credit at all to the Astros?

Aside from Farnsworth, relievers for both teams, including Clemens, held off several rallies. I don't know the number of men LOB but it seemed high.

It was a double game really, using all their players. Sorry to see the Braves lose under those circumstances. Good luck Houston!

No credit at all to the Astros?

well, no, coming into the series the astros had one of the weaker offenses, and the braves had one of the worst bullpens in the entire league. when the braves had a good starter (hudson today, smoltz), they won or could have won easily if it wasnt for that bullpen.

BTW, the Sox have lost three straight only twice this season, and not since July 18.

Well, then y'all are just about due for another one, doncha think? :g

That said, I'm far from counting y'all out either. Boston's a proven post season contender, and I'm sure that you guys are all drooling over the idea of a rematch of last year's ALCS.

So, I have to hope that Freddy works his magic on the road again today.

Either Dan or I will be talking shit in about 2.5 hours or so, methinks...

Well, start talking!!! Congratulations. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this last game once El Duque came in. If the Yanks get past the Angels, it definitely will be tough getting past the team with the best record in the AL. (To think that El Duque and especially Contreras might do us in, ugh!)

Dude, that game totally messed with my head. Garcia pitched well, and then we brought in Marte(?!?!?!?), and when the bases were loaded, I was shittin' my pants. El Duque is my new hero. It sucked though that I couldn't watch the game from the 6th on, and the AM radio in my car doesn't work, so I was tuning up and down the dial for any news on the way home, and sure enough, I heard the final score, drove to the closest bar and got a beer down with all of the south side houligans.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm worried about us going up against either the Angels or the Yanks. We've got better pitching than the Yanks, I think, but the Angels are truly a rock solid team, and we didn't do well against the west coast at all this year. At least we split 6 with NY. I do like the fact that whoever we face in the first game of the series is going to be totally drained for the game Tuesday. That should bode well for us. Time will tell!

The Yankees will never win another World Series until they get rid of A-Rod.  He's spoiled, egotistical, and a divisive player in the clubhouse.  Every team he goes to does nothing but lose because he drains valuable resources away from the pitching staff - which is what really wins games in the end.  He's a money grubbing liar (that just happens to be gifted) and he makes my stomach turn.

And he hits into double plays in the ninth inning of deciding games with no body out and down two runs. :tdown

LOSER

Unfortunately for this Yankee fan, you guys knocked A-Rod pretty good and he sure didn't disappoint you. And the difference between him and "Captain Clutch", aka Derek Jeter, when it comes to quality hitting in a must game will never be more glaring. The guy who really surprised me with a bad hitting performance however was Matsui - 0-9 in the last two games with lots of bad outs, e.g., pop ups with men on base.

Oh well, I thought this team had too many weaknesses to go all the way, but I am surprised they're knocked out this early.

Go White Sox!!!!

Edited by MartyJazz

And of course Posada is bitching about that Cano-basepath-interference call from last night. I remember Matsui taking a Sunday stroll on the infield grass whilst running to second base against the Red Sox, and that WASN'T called, when it was plain as day. So for the Yanks to bemoan their "bad luck" is ree-duckolous.

Cano, meanwhile, should get a Whoops Award for the last week or so of the season. I think the reason they're calling this kid on his flubs is because he does flub up. There was that play at second in an earlier Angels/Yanks game where his foot was off the bag before he caught the ball, and the Angel runner was called safe. Which he was - it's the simplest rule in the game. Was that bad luck, or just the umps sticking to the rules?

(ESPN Commentator Joe Morgan saw that replay and noted that Cano's foot wasn't on the bag, and yet the runner should have been out anyway. (??) Another arrow from Morgan's sling of idiocy.)

And of course Posada is bitching about that Cano-basepath-interference call from last night. I remember Matsui taking a Sunday stroll on the infield grass whilst running to second base against the Red Sox, and that WASN'T called, when it was plain as day. So for the Yanks to bemoan their "bad luck" is ree-duckolous.

Cano, meanwhile, should get a Whoops Award for the last week or so of the season. I think the reason they're calling this kid on his flubs is because he does flub up. There was that play at second in an earlier Angels/Yanks game where his foot was off the bag before he caught the ball, and the Angel runner was called safe. Which he was - it's the simplest rule in the game. Was that bad luck, or just the umps sticking to the rules?

(ESPN Commentator Joe Morgan saw that replay and noted that Cano's foot wasn't on the bag, and yet the runner should have been out anyway. (??) Another arrow from Morgan's sling of idiocy.)

Yeah, you gotta love it when the old "neighborhood play" isn't called. That one was so obvious - and yet I think if he had been making the pivot and threw to first, he gets the call. But its a simple force play so you better make damn sure your foot is on the base. :o