Where's Clementine?

paul secor

I would have responded earlier, but everything on my computer marked Clem is blocked - actually, lately I have everyone on Organissimio on my ignore list, and it's great, I have whole blank pages of people who agree with me (mostly myself) - but all seriousness aside, Clem's ok, he is full of shi* but in an entertaining way. I'm also amused by ther fac that he told me how good my work was until I started to disagree with him -

Edited by AllenLowe

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too butted heads with Clem on a number of occasions, and as was probably pretty obvious to everyone he had a number of traits and practices that very much irked me, but I had a soft spot for him. But I'm not going to tell that vicious scoundrel where that soft spot is, cause I know he'd have no compunction about going right for it!

--eric

I hope Clem comes back. He makes me think. I know some members don't like thinking, but let the rest of us exercise our brains.

Anyone who makes Chuck think should be avoided at all costs! :lol::P;)

Clem is arrogant and illiterate. At the same time, I pay him some grudging respect. He earns points for creativity, eccentricity, and entertainment. I'd like to see him come back as well (until he pisses me off once more...) I'm just sentimental about the whole gang, I guess.

I'd have to say that I'm also "dreadful sorry" Clementine ain't posing here no more.

In fact, he's one of the main reasons I STARTED posting here, if only to disagree with him for the most part.

Still, I agree with Chuck Nessa, that Clem DID provide stimulus for thought.

BRAVO!

I'm just hoping that he's not currently "wearing boxes with no topses," (whatever that means).

Clem and I share, among other things, a Lawrence/Austin connection.  He also sent me a list of 25-30 book recommendations over email once.  Good ones, too.  Flann O'Brien, David Mathews, etc.  So any claims as to his "illiteracy" are...well, I don't even know what...

Hey look,

Speaking in general terms (not necessarily focusing on Clem), if you read a lot of books but still write like an illiterate then you can still be charged as such.

Going back to Clem: yes, he does seem to read a lot. Good for him.

I don't wish to be encouraged into saying negative stuff about the guy. I hope he does return back to post. He's got his share to contribute as well. I even agree with him on some things; I admit I don't care for his writing "style," if you want to call it that; but I think the fact that such a number of posters here bemoan his absence certainly points to his value. That says more than anything I have to say.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Personally, I'm hoping he's working on a novel. . . . He's like the Faulkner of organissimo if you ask me. . . I enjoy reading his posts a lot.

I understand most of them. . . -_-

Anyway, I'd wish he'd return to posting. . . has to be more fun than "excavating for a mine."

I admit I don't care for his writing "style," if you want to call it that;

I must admit that I understand hardly anything of what he's saying, just because of his writing style. My not being a native speaker might have something to do with it.

Clem certainly does write in a specific and highly personalized style. That any one of us would not completely undetstand him is prefectly reasonable, I think. Those of us who do "get it" -- a qualification, it seems, based upon the books we've read -- understand that some concepts are best expressed in short, splatter-shot bursts of thought.

I feel it's awfuly shortsighted of some posters to call out Clem's chosen manipulation of Anglo English as anything other than educated and purposeful.

We all have our canvases...

Edited by Brandon Burke

Personally, I'm hoping he's working on a novel. . . . He's like the Faulkner of organissimo if you ask me. . . I enjoy reading his posts a lot.

That's a beautiful thought (and comparison too.)

Not everyone can pull off such a style, but for me he sure as heck does.

I understand most of them. . .  -_-

Anyway, I'd wish he'd return to posting. . . has to be more fun than "excavating for a mine."

Just because he sounds like Benjy don't mean he's Faulkner... :g