Youtube.com

Aggie87

Donald Bailey and Eddie McFadden

McFadden?

Hmmm... you're probably right. It might be Quentin Warren (who was in his working band around the time that movie came out... 1964) I can't really tell.

I dig the super groovy chicks in that clip.

The chicks are definitely fine, but man... that Hammond B3 is gorgeous! It looks BRAND NEW! Hell, it probably was!

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronnie Scott's, circa 1969 (?). Whoever uploaded it either didn't have the whole thing (all three stretch out and trade fours on Kessel's "Blue Mist"), or just wanted to feature their personal favorite (Green), who they refer to as "under the radar". To the general public perhaps (duh), but not in contemporary jazz circles when compared to Burrell and Kessel! :unsure: Anyway, the video used to get traded via VHS copies amongst jazz guitar nuts, but it's been commercially available now for some years. Too bad this person did a hatchet job on it. ^_^

The audio of this Kessel/Green/Burrell performance ("Blue Mist", recorded at Ronnie Scott's in '69) is now available--with excellent sound--as a "bonus" track on this Gambit CD:

B000CFYCMU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V57009185_.jpg

I can see it now! The Barney Kessel Story starring Jeff Goldbloom

Another typical organissimo-type crowd. All female, you ask? No, small.

Just wait till you see the crowd at Tritone. :rolleyes: (I'm looking forward to seeing Randy dive into a mosh pit.)

Based on the crowd, what color outfit will you be wearing Ron? If you say "peach" I might make the trip. :cool:

Chuck, I never realized how much you care! :wub: Actually, my favorite outfit--and pose--for attending organissimo gigs would be something more like this:

Fever.jpg