Youtube.com

Aggie87

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Muppets exploring music as only they could

I remember watching this years and years ago and the tune stuck with me ever since......too see it again.......*sniff* made me all sentimental

Dig the Lullaby of Birdland quote in one of the interludes. Did they quote anything else I didn't recognize?

Not on YouTube, but an awesome video of a young Frank Zappa on the old Steve Allen show, playing a concerto for bicycle, electronic tape, and ensemble.

Steve keeps calling him "Frank Zahpa"

Zappa on Steve Allen

Off topic, sorry: Isn't kind of amazing how far Steve Allen's coolness factor has dropped in the years after his death? I remember growing up that he was hailed as a genius, and very hip -- now he seems so very dated.

For Big Al: Styx, live in Lansing, MI just a few weeks ago at the Common Ground festival. You have to watch until the end, where the Dennis DeYoung-replacement model 2000 totally biffs the high-note.

:wacko:

Here's something to comtemplate: which would you rather be: A Dennis DeYoung imitator, or a Steve Perry imitator? :rfr

On a completely unrelated note, my daughter has recently started playing Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" on the piano. My wife and I almost immediately started singing excerpts from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2qRtdaZfg

My daughter's reaction? :rmad:, followed by :rolleyes:

The site was just down for a day or so, for some sort of revamping/improvement. Upon returning today, I don't really see anything new or improved (except that some of my favorite videos seem to have vanished... not sure if that's a coincidence or not). Anybody notice anything different?

The Wynton Kelly Trio ( Trane heard briefly ) .

Wynton Kelly = Effortless swing + pure joy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwrv6RtvtA

That's the concert where Stan Getz joined the Coltrane group (or should I say Miles-less Miles group?) on two numbers (and Oscar Peterson replaced Kelly on the last of those two). I think someone mentioned on this board recently that a video exists. A DVD should come out of this concert!

That Wynton Kelly Trio video was great!

Jim - I started noticing earlier this week that many videos were gone. Is there a copyright lawyer combing the site? Plus there are so many dupes (and dopes) hanging around the system.

Question - other than subscribing to certain channels, is there a way to search by term and date range of upload (ie "jazz" "july 20-august 4") to find something new?

Edited by Robert J