Ebay craziness

Here's one for you guys:

One seller was offering Woody Shaw/Freddie Hubbard sessions cd for only $8.99 buy-it-now. I already own it, but emailed the seller to see if he accepted any other kind of payment other than paypal. While awaiting his response, some moron puts in a bid of a dollar and the buy it now option disappears!!

I couldn't contain myself and emailed the guy to ask him if he is either stupid or greedy or both?

Current bid is $1.50. I guess $8.99 buy it now was not cheap enough for this idiot. :wacko:

Gotcha. Some people are just cheap.......

I remember working at a used record store and some guy comes in, looks at our prices (averaging $3 - $7), and loudly complaining at the prices, talked about how down in Florida he could go into a thrift store or some place and find these same lps for a quarter a piece. Naturally, I showed him the door, and pointed the nearest thrift store out to him.

well i finally got the one mosaic i was missing - the ike quebec / john hardee.

i was on vacation last week, so i was able to stay up late after my wife went to bed. i was on the computer on wednesday night, and i decided to check ebay before i shut the thing down. it's 12:30 eastern time, and the quebec/hardee had been listed 11 minutes prior with a "buy it now" of $140! i couldn't believe my eyes. i was so excited / nervous, that i actually became slightly dizzy. i immediately jumped on it. the set arrived today - yippee!

keep in mind that a copy of this set sold for over $300 just a few days prior.

One seller was offering Woody Shaw/Freddie Hubbard sessions cd for only $8.99 buy-it-now. I already own it, but emailed the seller to see if he accepted any other kind of payment other than paypal. While awaiting his response, some moron puts in a bid of a dollar and the buy it now option disappears!!

I'd like to see Ebay leave the "Buy It Now" option active, untill that price is met.

Seems like it would help Ebay. Since, the faster an auctin closes, the sooner, ebay can bill for their commission.

well i finally got the one mosaic i was missing - the ike quebec / john hardee.

i was on vacation last week, so i was able to stay up late after my wife went to bed. i was on the computer on wednesday night, and i decided to check ebay before i shut the thing down. it's 12:30 eastern time, and the quebec/hardee had been listed 11 minutes prior with a "buy it now" of $140! i couldn't believe my eyes. i was so excited / nervous, that i actually became slightly dizzy. i immediately jumped on it. the set arrived today - yippee!

keep in mind that a copy of this set sold for over $300 just a few days prior.

Way to go! Timing is everything!! :g

I'd like to see Ebay leave the "Buy It Now" option active, untill that price is met.

Seems like it would help Ebay. Since, the faster an auctin closes, the sooner, ebay can bill for their commission.

Except, by having it the way it is now - that encourages people to take advantage of "buy it now" options right then and now!! - cuz if you wait and somebody even so much as make a silly $1 opening bid - then you won't get it.

The way the system is now encourages quick decision-making when the "buy it now" option is available.

Seems like it would help Ebay.  Since, the faster an auctin closes, the sooner, ebay can bill for their commission.

Except, by having it the way it is now - that encourages people to take advantage of "buy it now" options right then and now!! - cuz if you wait and somebody even so much as make a silly $1 opening bid - then you won't get it.

The way the system is now encourages quick decision-making when the "buy it now" option is available.

Another way to look at it is that ebay has always had the interests of the sellers in mind. They do little to enable or encourage buyers picking up stuff cheap.

BTW, I believe that Hubbard/Shaw sessions went cheaper than the buy-it-now. Why? Does everyone hate paypal or something?

I spotted this CD of Bob Belden's Turandot this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...egory=1056&rd=1

As most of you will know, it is an extremely rare CD, because the album had to be withdrawn due to legal problems with the Puccini estate. So it was surprising to see it at $8 and only two hours to go. Could this be because of the damaged booklet? I was beginning to hope for a unique opportunity and was ready to bid up to $25.

But then the price rocketed up to $76. :blink:

Edited by Claude

I notice that Lovano performs on the CD. I wonder if that is where he came up with the idea for his Caruso album?

I don't understand how using Puccini material created a problem. Isn't it in the public domain by now?

Edited by Leeway