How many times a week?

How many times a week do you eat at McDonalds?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people all sound like you don't have young kids :P

I'm there once a week on average with my two young'uns. Usually it's because of a tight time-schedule one evening per week, and it's very conveniently located, otherwise I'd avoid the place. I never go there when my kids aren't with me. Blech!

My kids aren't all that young now, but they have never liked McDonalds. Twice a year over the last fifteen years we'd take an all-day road trip, and I'd always begin the trip with an Egg McMuffin. Yum. And they'd complain for the rest of the morning about how the food stunk up the car. The only fast food they'd eat was Subway's.

0 - I've been vegetarian for about 10 years. Even though you can technically order salads there, it seems to me to be a pointless exercise in masochism to go there. Now what I will do when my son is 5 is a different story, but I think I will take him other places and let his mother take him to Mickey Ds.

Guest akanalog

i live above a taco bell/pizza hut and a wendys and i never eat at any of them.

i have lived here for almost six years and i haven't eaten at the wendys since 2001. generally i think of wendys as being on the high end of fast food, but this is a disgusting wendys.

pizza hut doesn't do it for me and i really like taco bell but walking by there every day, the smell coming from inside makes me sick and since i am walking there so often i see the various characters who are in there all day and night (sketchy smacked out punk kids passed out in the front window, homeless people sitting in there all day when it is cold, invalid types who seem like they were ditched their by their families for a few hours or something)...sometimes if someone else is going i can eat it if they bring it back for me but i have seen too much.

for the superbowl i did go in there and grab 10 tacos and 10 burritos to take to a gettogether and people were excited to see what i brought (it was a potluck).

i don't go to mcdonalds because their ads bother me. it seems like they have a specific ad for every target social group and ethnicity. it's gross.

and for some reason there are very few burger kings in manhattan...

sorry for my deception.

however you claim to live here and there but then mention giving mr. galanter rides to work from new jersey.

I know my way around NYC, but I don't claim to live there. I never said I give Bruce rides to work, he takes the train, NJ Transit. I have however given him rides to pickup grocerys.

McDonalds gets a bad rap, and, worse yet, no credit for trying.

They offer healthy choices - McLean, McVeggie - and people turn up their noses.

There are still some healthy options on the menu - salads of various sorts, some low fat/low cal chicken sandwiches, breakfast pancakes and the willingness to make anything the way customers order. Low-fat dressings, no dressing, hold the mayo...

Take a look at nutritional information for Denny's, Quiznos, Applebees, Olive Garden or any pizza joint and tell me how much healthier these places are. And don't get me started on vegetarian, Indian, Chinese...

Guest akanalog

that is something i find distasteful about mcdonalds.

they are trying to be everything to everyone.

just focus on a few pieces of crap and make them better-like your burgers suck. maybe look into fixing that instead of adding all this other junk to the menu.

oh yeah-quiznos is good. but i don't consider it fast food. i am a fan-i like the condiment bar.

I do have a bit of a White Castle problem though. Fortunately I live several states away from the nearest one, so I don't have them very often. I've called 1-800-THECRAVE on the way from more than one midwestern/northeastern airport, though. Mmmmmmm sliders.

McDonalds will be to the 00s what smoking was to the 90s.

Well the health police better hurry because it's already '06 and today this news appeared in the financial page of the NY Post

February 9, 2006 -- A junk-food revival is ringing up the fattest profits in years at fast-food chains and snack makers, making Wall Street hungry for more.

The public's renewed embrace of burgers, chips and pizza was underscored yesterday in a string of profit surprises in the once battered industry.

McDonald's stock hit a new high after reporting the best monthly sales in two years, due largely to doubling the number of 24-hour restaurants to 4,000 urban locations.

Snacks giant PepsiCo said surging sales of its Doritos, Cheetos and Lay's — particularly in China and Russia — pushed PepsiCo sales to their best quarterly gains in four years.

PepsiCo fourth-quarter revenue jumped 15 percent to $10.1 billion, beating analysts' estimates, with profits up 12 percent to $1.11 billion, or 65 cents a share. PepsiCo rose 42 cents to $57.28.

The junk-food juggernaut also boosted sales to their highest levels since 1997 at the 3,100 restaurants of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. chains owned by CKE Restaurants. CKE shares rose nearly 3 percent to $16.55, up 45 cents.

The return of comfort fast-food eating is also hastening the debut of a public stock offering of No. 2 chain Burger King.

The long-awaited IPO will be filed in early March so that its private equity partners can cash out after paying $1.5 billion for the chain three years ago.

Investors in another new public offering are already cashing in from the long lines at the Chipotle Mexican Grill chain, which was spun off from McDonald's just a month ago. Its price has more than doubled in four weeks from $22 to $45.74 yesterday, down 54 cents.

McDonalds's itself hit a new high of $36.75 before settling at $36.36, up 17 cents. The chain said January sales were up 9.7 percent at its U.S. locations.

How about a fast-foot place with nothing but healthy and/or at least "mostly healthy" choices??

You know, where you could pick anything on the menu - and not go wrong??

I'm serious. Seems like there'd be a serious marketshare for that sort of thing. No, not EVERYBODY is gonna do the healthy thing. But I'm guessing there's LOTS that would -- a good 30% of the marketplace, at least (and that's a hell of a lot of people)

Wouldn't it be great to go somewhere where the food was great, and nothing on the menu was bad for you??

(I know, pipe dreams)

How about a fast-foot place with nothing but healthy and/or at least "mostly healthy" choices??

I'm serious. Seems like there'd be a serious marketshare for that sort of thing. No, not EVERYBODY is gonna do the healthy thing. But I'm guessing there's LOTS that would -- a good 30% of the marketplace, at least (and that's a hell of a lot of people)

Wouldn't it be great to go somewhere where the food was great, and nothing on the menu was bad for you??

(I know, pipe dreams)

There is a place called O'Naturals that has some shops in the NE

(I know, pipe dreams)

That's been tried here. 2 guys started up a vegetarian sandwich & wrap shop that sold fruit smoothies. Came up with a comic book blender character and their place was neatly decorated, sorta like Willy Wonka's set when you first walk into the factory. They sold private placement stock in hopes of turning it into a big franchise. Lasted a few years but eventuallly it died. Might have been the cost of higher quality organic ingredients, but I think the real reason is that people like sugar & fat!

I grew up in a family that owned a franchise of Burger Kings. For the first 18 years of my life my entire immediate and extended family had jobs within the company. At one point we owned 6 locations. So, believe me, I had my fill of BK as a child. Ironically, my mother was also into the healthfood craze of the 70's-80's and was incredible strict on what we were allowed to eat from "the store" as my dad called it. No fries, mostly iced tea, if we drank pop it was diet, and then they had the big salad bars.

Now I eat fast food on the rarest of occasion. A road trip with Jim or a weakness for a cheesburger extra-pickle. But there is a woman in my office who will eat McD's 3-4x a wk and her guilty pleasure is the bacon dbl cheeseburger with large fries and pop. Oh, I'm ill thinking of it!

Last note, I was 14 before stepping into my first McD's. It was the enemy!