what are you drinking right now?

The Beaujolais Nouveau season opened today. Had my first taste, a bottle of Domaine de la Tassée d'Argent. The bottle went down fast. Fruity beverage that should not leave me with a heavy head :P

My wife who is from Bordeaux said it tasted like it had been medicined but she says that at every Beaujolais Nouveau tasting!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juice made from....

dragon-fruit-r-w-sm.jpg

Dragon fruit? What does it taste like?

Right now I'm drinking Pian Del Ciampolo, a wine made in the Chianti region by the Montevertine winery. :tup

Yes - Dragon fruit.

Can't say it's like any other fruit I've tasted - The seeds (black dots in pic) are edible and crunchy, like seeds of a kiwi fruit. The flesh, white or red, is a little crunchy like a semi-ripe pear and has usually what many would consider a bland taste (sometimes a little sourish), but can be quite sweet in spots.

Sounds interesting, to say the least. Pears are probably my favorite fruit, so it sounds as though I might like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Fat Tire isn't as good as Bass, but neither are top shelf.

As far as beer goes, I've been on a big Paulaner Salvator Double Bock kick. Nice and syrupy, 7.5% abv. Makes you feel nice and fuzzy after just a couple.

For the hard stuff, I've had some Woodford Reserve as well as a 12 y.o. Balvenie Double Wood lately. Both are top notch, IMO.

Edited by Scott Dolan

Don't care for any of their other products that I've had. But the Wheat is a very well made beer.

Kinda reminds me of Ybor City Calusa Wheat, which you can't find here. I'm thinking of picking up a case when we're in Florida in a couple of weeks.

If you can ever find it, I highly recommend it. Probably the best Wheat I've ever had.

There used to be a great seasonal brew called "Blackened Voodoo" that I liked. Haven't seen it for a while- it's a product of some bigger company, can't remember which.

Also a fan of the good ol' Shiner Bock.

BV is good. I don't know if that company still exists though.

Not a big fan of Shiner. I don't dig the single bocks.

I want the dark, heavy stuff.

Sammy Smiths Oatmeal Stout, baby!!

There used to be a great seasonal brew called "Blackened Voodoo" that I liked. Haven't seen it for a while- it's a product of some bigger company, can't remember which.

Also a fan of the good ol' Shiner Bock.

BV is good. I don't know if that company still exists though.

Not a big fan of Shiner. I don't dig the single bocks.

I want the dark, heavy stuff.

Sammy Smiths Oatmeal Stout, baby!!

try to get get some bell's expedition stout, makes oatsy seem like junior high!

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bells-expedition-stout/3214/

Edited by alocispepraluger102

• 4 weeks later...