How did you 'hear' about the Organissimo.org forums?

eeegor

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went by the same name on BNBB. Too bad some members changed theirs. I'm still confused! ;)

Me too.

What's interesting is to look at the member no. and date joined. I probably joined about 10 seconds earlier than

Conn. As I remember most of us from the bn board joined the same day or maybe the day after.

IIRC, I started lurking on here because my brief activity on the AAJ forum bored me out of my mind.

I can relate.

I write stuff for the site, but the bulletin board is not my cup o' whiskey.

Yeah. I've had good experiences with the staff I've communicated with (not too much in the way of editorial issues, although it may just be that I've been really in the box this whole time). I left the board, though, after someone argued with me for using the word flautist (that spelling).

YEA, and after the false god BLUENOTE did cast us upon the waves of dispair did we wander for forty days and forty nights and the posters did wail and lament and there was much gnashing of teeth. But then in the north came a voice and the prophet Jim did send out a great summon unto the most and least of us all, and the flock was gathered once more...

That's about right.

They were shutting down the Blue Note board when somebody mentioned Organissimo, or gave a link or something, and lo and behold (he's got me doing it) 90% of the BN posters were to be found posting away here. Haven't looked back since.

YEA, and after the false god BLUENOTE did cast us upon the waves of dispair did we wander for forty days and forty nights and the posters did wail and lament and there was much gnashing of teeth. But then in the north came a voice and the prophet Jim did send out a great summon unto the most and least of us all, and the flock was gathered once more...

That's about right.

They were shutting down the Blue Note board when somebody mentioned Organissimo, or gave a link or something, and lo and behold (he's got me doing it) 90% of the BN posters were to be found posting away here. Haven't looked back since.

Yep, I remember that day when everyone was reporting in here, like a camp muster. :)

Edited by sidewinder

I have known the drummer in the band for 23 years. Met Jim and Joe as they were forming the band.

Heard some early rehearsals and gigs prior to their first release. Have heard them live dozens of times.

Arrived here later to have some fun and giggles. :rolleyes:

I find it interesting how often the regular posters here like to make negative comments about AllAboutJazz. I know that Chuck Nessa had a specific bad experience with Mr. Ricci. Otherwise, why the need to bash another board?

There are no negative comments about this board on AllAboutJazz, that I am aware of. I think it is fair to say that AllAboutJazz has changed and evolved over the years, so to base negative opinions on what it was like in the past may not be accurate.

I read and post on both. In the past year I have not noticed any difference in the quality of discussions on the two boards. The two boards have different personalities, as can be expected.

With the quality of people posting here, I would think that we would be beyond the need to boost our egos by bashing another group--which goes on at schools and among fans of sports teams all the time.

I find it interesting how often the regular posters here like to make negative comments about AllAboutJazz. I know that Chuck Nessa had a specific bad experience with Mr. Ricci. Otherwise, why the need to bash another board?

There are no negative comments about this board on AllAboutJazz, that I am aware of. I think it is fair to say that AllAboutJazz has changed and evolved over the years, so to base negative opinions on what it was like in the past may not be accurate.

I read and post on both. In the past year I have not noticed any difference in the quality of discussions on the two boards. The two boards have different personalities, as can be expected.

With the quality of people posting here, I would think that we would be beyond the need to boost our egos by bashing another group--which goes on at schools and among fans of sports teams all the time.

I think you'll find the majority of regular posters here DON'T make comments about AAJ. Like any other group, there are a few people who are more outspoken than the rest, and a few that will gladly share their opinion about anything.

I post at both boards, but don't find as much that interests me there. I do like to read some of the reviews on AAJ, though that's separate from the board itself. AAJ used to not allow any mention of this board, or links to it. Has that changed recently?

I think you'll find the majority of regular posters here DON'T make comments about AAJ. Like any other group, there are a few people who are more outspoken than the rest, and a few that will gladly share their opinion about anything.

I post at both boards, but don't find as much that interests me there. I do like to read some of the reviews on AAJ, though that's separate from the board itself. AAJ used to not allow any mention of this board, or links to it. Has that changed recently?

I don't know the official position of the AAJ powers that be about mentioning this board, but references to threads on this board are made all the time now by AAJ posters.

AAJ is a total snoozefest. Not that I have anything against the place, it's just a boring BBS.

I am either boring, or have an ability to endure boredom which exceeds some other people's, because I think that AAJ is consistently interesting.

Come to think of it, both of the above possibilites may be true.

AAJ is a nice site, but I rarely post there, mostly lurk. The only other forum I really post on is the Steve Hoffman Forum, for my rock fix. They even post about the Beatles there every now and then. :w:w

There are probably threads at SH about the brand of sandals that the Beatles wore while they were off doing their thing in India. :P

PS - A few PT fans over there, too! :w

That's about right.

Anybody else recall Greg Maltz standing Ahab-like on the deck of the S.S. BNBB as it began to sink beneath the waves? He was going to indoctrinate all the newcomers into the ways and wisdom of SACD etc. :crazy: