Membership Deletion

Guest Chaney

what the hell was that all about?

Yea, somebody better start spilling some beans.

I don't see why. When someone wants to leave, they're under no obligation whatsoever to give any reasons. Tony chose not to say publicly why he didn't want to be a member anymore, so let's leave it at that.

Edited by J.A.W.

But I want to know if it's something I said or did!

Seriously, though, I find it an odd request to make, especially so publically. If I decided to up and leave, well first I'd just stop posting and quietly drift away, not even bothering to respond to the typical "Where's RDK?" thread that would inevitably pop up in a year or two (earlier if I screwed anyone out of money). Tony says it's for personal reasons - fair enough, no further elaboration is necessary - but I think we're all worried about him that he'd leave so, um, permanently and vociferously.

But I want to know if it's something I said or did!

Seriously, though, I find it an odd request to make, especially so publically. If I decided to up and leave, well first I'd just stop posting and quietly drift away, not even bothering to respond to the typical "Where's RDK?" thread that would inevitably pop up in a year or two (earlier if I screwed anyone out of money). Tony says it's for personal reasons - fair enough, no further elaboration is necessary - but I think we're all worried about him that he'd leave so, um, permanently and vociferously.

He made the request publicly because he didn't get a response to an earlier request.

There's no need to be worried.

Edited by J.A.W.

By deleting this account, doesn't that allow for someone else to waltz in and become "Chaney"? That's what it looks like. That could be weird.

That's a good question.

Jim, would it be possible to prevent people from taking a username that has been used and then deleted at the member's request? Whether its done by accident or maliciously, the only person who should be Chaney is Chaney, should he decide to return.

I have no problem with deleting an account, but I think it is unfair to the community to ask that all posts be removed as well. I've deleted, by request, the accounts of other members before (one of which had a change of heart and wanted me to re-link all his old posts, which I have tried unsuccessfully to do), but the posts, imo, are part of the community.

Thanks for trying. :)