• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

She's no Ruth Olay. :ph34r:

OTOH, maybe she is.

More like Ruth Oy vey

What I have heard so far instilled in me an urgent desire.....

...to hit the STOP button.

Seriously I was ever so unimpressed and felt that I had heard it all before, only performed better. So, to answer the original question: :tdown

I respectfully (really) disagree.

I hope she is able to overcome her problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously I was ever so unimpressed and felt that I had heard it all before, only performed better.

I heard that "Back to Rehab" song on the radio, but heard it from the middle of the song to the end. I thought I was hearing a bad Ronettes outtake when I heard the famous chorus.

Yeesh!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluenote82

I'm not a fan of vocals and I surely don't understand the hype surrounding this Amy Winehouse lady, but if ever want to hear vocals I'll listen to Shirley Horn or Diana Krall, because I like their voices the best.

Edited by bluenote82

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously I was ever so unimpressed and felt that I had heard it all before, only performed better.

I heard that "Back to Rehab" song on the radio, but heard it from the middle of the song to the end. I thought I was hearing a bad Ronettes outtake when I heard the famous chorus.

Yeesh!

As usual, I'm very late to the party. As with the Sharon Jones party, I'm glad I eventually showed up. I'm pretty much oblivious to all the hype that surrounds her, and couldn't care less about it.

Big Al, you need to reconsider: "Back to Rehab" is one of the weaker tunes on this record, IMHO. I don't listen to the radio much, but "You Know I'm No Good" is a much better single.

More importantly: three songs in a row: "Back in Black", "Love is a Losing Game", and "Tears Dry on Their Own" is some seriously good pop. Count me in the "she's got talent" camp.

In many ways, this record reminds me of this earlier discussion: What? No thread on the Dana Owens album.

Certainly not the same "vibe", but, like "The Dana Owens Album", there's some stuff that really "works" on this record, at least for me.

Big Al, you need to reconsider: "Back to Rehab" is one of the weaker tunes on this record, IMHO. I don't listen to the radio much, but "You Know I'm No Good" is a much better single.

More importantly: three songs in a row: "Back in Black", "Love is a Losing Game", and "Tears Dry on Their Own" is some seriously good pop. Count me in the "she's got talent" camp.

:tup:)