Steroids Hearing

What will happen now?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Clemens is guilty as he is fat. I also think Canseco's original numbers are probably the closest to accurate we've seen yet. They just need to smarten up, put in a zero-tolerance policy, and make it go away. In the meantime, Congress has some much more important issues (besides this and "spy-gate") they should be dealing with.

From what little I saw, I'd like to gon on record as saying that Congressman Dan Burton is probably the biggest moron in the House.

From

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AiAC...o&type=lgns

The most vocal grandstander was Rep. Dan Burton of rural Indiana, who absolutely skewered McNamee.

"This is really disgusting," Burton said. "I don't know what to believe. I know what I don't believe and that's you."

Strong words from a guy who while cheating on his wife knocked up his girlfriend and went years without visiting his son (though he was kind enough to cut him some checks).

My vote is #4: They both will be charged with perjury!

I listened on XM while driving long distances for my job and I couldn't tell what Congressmen and women were talking- but Burton was terrible......Imagine, ruining the reputation of the greatest living pitcher!.......that was a disgrace.

Baseball is like the Mafia- you take a vow of Omerta......no snitching......or you're a RAT.

I blame Bud Selig, and the players union for this mess.

I blame Bud Selig, and the players union for this mess.

Okay, but let's not let the jocks off scot free. The whole issue doesn't take root without their greed. Stating "union" leads me to think of the power brokers at the top.

Edited by Thom Keith

I had the misfortune of listening to some of this nonsense at the airport today. Parties at Jose Canseco's house, Roger Clemens's nanny... a sad testament to the sorry state of our government that our representatives are wasting their time on this trivial non-story.

Guy

And don 't forget Clemens' bleeding butt... Put away your mourning crepe, it was a one day affair and was quite entertaining in a perverse sort of way.

Well, the whole point (beyond grandstanding by all parties involved) is to get drugs out of sports ... or make progress in that direction anyways. More than once I heard references to steroids in high schools. If the aim is to keep athletes clean -- high school kids especially -- then I'm all for the hearings.

I had the misfortune of listening to some of this nonsense at the airport today. Parties at Jose Canseco's house, Roger Clemens's nanny... a sad testament to the sorry state of our government that our representatives are wasting their time on this trivial non-story.

Guy

Thats a fact, too.

Peach bikinis? Butt bruises?

But you know what the worst of it is? Clemens will get pardoned by his buddies the Bushites and Bonds will get hammered.

Total bullshit.

But you know what the worst of it is? Clemens will get pardoned by his buddies the Bushites and Bonds will get hammered.

If that happens - and that's a BIG IF - it's more a testament to Clemens' friends in high places than it is a delineation between how people feel about Clemens versus how they feel about Bonds.

If he and Bonds are both guilty, they both deserve punishment that fits their crime - in the court of public opinion, in Major League Baseball, and with respect to U.S. law (whether that's perjury or whatever).