Blindfold Test Master Signup Thread

Dan Gould

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason we can't speed up the creation and 'sending out' of these things, from my perspective. I mean, should there be any reason not to do a new one once every other week?? (or at most "3 weeks" between tests???)

It will take forever to get through the list if we do only one per month, so I would think 2 per month would make more sense. (But maybe that's just me.)

I have another question.

How obscure are you guys going to get? Is the purpose to stump everyone, or is it to put together a very cool compilation that expresses your own personal tastes, yet is fairly obscure.

Another question.

Is it to be entirely jazz? What if it's 90% jazz with some other interesting instrumental music. Is that cool?

Are tracks off Mosaic sets too obvious?

I'd love to know how the rest of you are approaching it.

:rsmile:

As to the question of time between tests, this was one of the reasons I suggested this change. Knowing that your test is coming up ought to mean that you are moving forward on your compilation, and should even solicit assistants/participants ahead of time.

I think the sequence should be this:

Test #X announces he is shipping/Test #X + 1 should solicit interested parties.

Then, by the time Answers are being discussed (not the guessing, the answers), the next test should be shipping.

But we could definitely tighten this up.

Hi Gang,

After January 1st, I'm really going to have to knuckle down with some things in my personal life. And as a result, I probably should make creating my own Blindfold Test some sort of a lesser priority. But rather than give up my slot entirely (currently I'm #8), can I ask to be moved further down in the list??

How's about putting me in at #17, and shifting all the people between #9 and #17 up a notch (so they become #8 through #16).

Or maybe I should just go to the end of the line???

Whatever the board, and/or the BFT Gods decide is fine by me.

-- Rooster T.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, now that I've been watching the test for some rounds, I'd like to join up for #6 (I'm on the sidelines for # 5) and then also put together my own collection anytime it pleases the masters of this board.

I think I can come up with an interesting selection of tracks, which will certainly contain lots of piano stuff.

And drums.

Actually, lots of drums. :g

Cheers!

deus62

drumset.jpg

...  and then also put together my own collection anytime it pleases the masters of this board.

I think I can come up with an interesting selection of tracks, which will certainly contain lots of piano stuff.

And drums.

Actually, lots of drums. :g

Ahem, we're not the masters of this board, just some jazz addicts organising ( :g ) this BT business.

The earliest spot open at the moment is # 34, which will be three years from now, I presume ... :( . I'll reserve the spot for you, please post here or PM me to confirm, and I'll put you on the list.

Welcome to the club!

Looking forward to the drums!!!

p.s. how many roadies DOES Terry Bozzio employ?

Edited by mikeweil

Ahem, we're not the masters of this board, just some jazz addicts organising ( :g ) this BT business.

The earliest spot open at the moment is # 34, which will be three years from now, I presume ...  :( . I'll reserve the spot for you, please post here or PM me to confirm, and I'll put you on the list.

Welcome to the club!

Looking forward to the drums!!!

p.s. how many roadies DOES Terry Bozzio employ?

Hell, I'll do one five years from now. Gives me time to expand my collection until the time comes.

So, yes, please put me on the list. If the heavens don't descend on my head before, I'm game (I smoke, I drink, I don't sleep much, and I listen to an eclectic mix of music ... the odds should all be against me).

I have a good idea of what I want to put on there (currently I have problems escaping the piano trio and quartet phase which I entered about 6 months ago, so ...), but who knows where I'll be three years from now? For all I know, I might have ended up on some 70s disco forum debating if this ...

B00000HZEM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

... actually was the best thing since sliced bread.

Drums? Maybe. It's just that I'm surrounded by them 24/7, so I might opt for something else.

Bozzio? Now, I'm definetely NOT into that kind of thing, but being a drummer myself, I would stop doing WHATEVER (and I mean that) I'm doing at that moment to sit behind that kit and give it a good workout.

fkit.jpg

Roadies?

1 to set it up.

84 to keep other drummers away from it.

Cheers!

Edited by deus62