miles65

Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

1,120 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

DON"T HESITATE....to my ears it plays very well from beginning to end when listened to in its entirety in one sitting.......yes there's about 3 CDS worth of extra versions(but progammed very discreetly) so don't let that deter you. Otherwise 6 months later you will say, "alas I should have done got it".

Indeed don’t hesitate. Chances of this being reissued are minimal.

Teddy Wilson and Charlie Parker/Benedetti boxes just arrived impeccably packaged by JazzMessengers. Went directly to the track with Johnny Hodges. Great evening indeed.

35 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

Teddy Wilson and Charlie Parker/Benedetti boxes just arrived impeccably packaged by JazzMessengers. Went directly to the track with Johnny Hodges. Great evening indeed.

JazzMessengers does a great job.

I have only one problem with Jazz Messengers. The way they ship I always have to go to the post office (20 mile round trip) to sign for the packages. If I'm lucky the USPS can find them when I get there.

I received the Johnson box from Jazz Messengers. My first purchase from them and superbly packed. It’s a wonder I received it at all as they got my state of residence wrong (Chester Pennsylvania instead of Chester NJ). 

One question — and it’s a minor one; the book is unnumbered. Is that the norm. 

4 hours ago, Brad said:

I received the Johnson box from Jazz Messengers. My first purchase from them and superbly packed. It’s a wonder I received it at all as they got my state of residence wrong (Chester Pennsylvania instead of Chester NJ). 

One question — and it’s a minor one; the book is unnumbered. Is that the norm. 

That's not the norm for Jazz Messengers Mosaic sets. I have never received an unnumbered set from them. I bet more people who ordered the Johnson at the last moment directly from Mosaic received unnumbered books.

Edited by erwbol

My mistake. I just realized the numbers are on the back cover :unsure: Helps to be observant. 

Edited by Brad

On 11/05/2018 at 11:41 AM, Brad said:

It’s now gone there too. 

Looks like it's back in stock: JPJ

Looks like the Benedetti Recordings of Charlie Parker set is gone.

18 minutes ago, Ed Swinnich said:

Looks like the Benedetti Recordings of Charlie Parker set is gone.

It's the end of an era...

I bought a copy of the Benedetti box recently and am glad I didn't wait a few months.

Since they own the rights to the Benedetti I would hope that they make them avaialbe via individual "best of" cds or downloads. 

I wonder how many they sold. 

Ella Fitzgerald/Chick Webb set is now gone.

Their "sold out" page should be updated regularly - it always lags behind.

1 hour ago, miles65 said:

The Goodman set is gone

From Running Low to gone.....no last chance......@99.00 per set they must have got a run on them.

2 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

From Running Low to gone.....no last chance......@99.00 per set they must have got a run on them.

I just got an e-mail from them still touting it (and announcing that the sale was about to end). 

2 hours ago, medjuck said:

I just got an e-mail from them still touting it (and announcing that the sale was about to end). 

The email I got from Mosaic this afternoon had a note on there confirming that it had all gone.

Wanting the Goodman set, I went straight over to jazzmessengers and snagged what looks to be their last set. Possibly the last Goodman Mosaic for sale on the planet. :o

17 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

The email I got from Mosaic this afternoon had a note on there confirming that it had all gone.

Wanting the Goodman set, I went straight over to jazzmessengers and snagged what looks to be their last set. Possibly the last Goodman Mosaic for sale on the planet. :o

You're right.  I just glanced at the picture and didn't read the note. My bad. 

18 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I'm hoping there will be a new one from the Savory material including some Charlie Christian. 

I’d forgotten that the sale was about to end and that that set was on ‘special’ (at least in the US - by the time it gets over here with all the tax and shipping it’s not so special). Kicking myself for holding off but at least I now have the set (hopefully) at about the same total cost.

I guess there can’t have been too many left as this was a ‘last call’ limited run after the set had gone AWOL.

Edited by sidewinder

I purchased Goodman, Savory, and MJQ on 6/25.  Tracking says I should receive it today. Hmmm, maybe one of the last Goodmans? 

The Goodman just arrived, a handwritten number 2536.

1 hour ago, woofy said:

The Goodman just arrived, a handwritten number 2536.

I’ve been notified that mine is on its way :)

The Roland Kirk LP set is on last change. The Ruby Braff single is running low. This is the last Mosaic Single.