BLINDFOLD TEST #7 sign up sheet

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and by the way. Welcome to the board. I think you made a poor choice in board aliases but I've been know to make some poor choices myself- just see the recent AAJ thread. Not to say you made a poor choice just because I think you did. It's just my opinion. and I've been known to be wrong. Just see the recent AAJ thread. So welcome saxophone vagina. And sorry 'bout the remarks. You kind of did leave yourself wide open, though. I think in the future I'll just refer to you as s.v. from now on. okay?

Edited by Ed Swinnich

sorry 'bout the remarks.  You kind of did leave yourself wide open, though.

Now who's being shocking?? ;)

Could it be then that you simply hate the saxophone?

For a male jazz fan to associate the word "vagina" with "saxophone" would be more a question of love than hate, no?

Personally, I don't see why the word is sleazy or shocking. I guess all these years in Europe have made me a blasé non-Puritan.

I don't find it shocking either. Card carrying non Puritan here. I listen to Howard Stern so it takes a lot more than that to raise my eyebrow from a shock standpoint. I just wondered that since the word vagina is so rarely used in this context whether he was trying to been controversial or was some Stern wannabe. I have found that wannabe's often fail in their attempt at being outrageous and come up with material like this guy's handle.

I guess the only thing I find shocking about it is how lame I think it is.

Perhaps Mr. Vagina would step forward and offer an explanation that might help me understand the meaning. Not that I deserve an explanation mind you, but I am kind of curious how someone could come up with that one. It seems that on a board where both genders are represented one might want to be a little more considerate in their choices.

I'm shutting up about it now about this because I seem to be making more of it than it is when I'm really not trying to do that at all. Freedom of speech and all. Plus, the guy has jumped right in and made some decent posts right off the bat and I really don't want to scare him off or insult him more than I have.

Yes I made a few remarks but they were intended to be humorous - like the wide open remark you mentioned and my alternate aliases. Perhaps they weren't taken in manner with which they were intended.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

Sorry guy, but any of those Europeans who've had a headstart can get the discussion going when they want.  Not up to the test giver once it leaves his hands.

I think it should remain the exclusive privilige of the Test Master to start the discussion thread!!!

Discussion for BF #s 1-3 were started by someone else.

Sangrey, Couw and Randy started their own discussion threads.

The question is, why should it be up to the test giver to say, "now, you may begin discussing"?

You send out your discs. Some get them early, some get them later. Your helpers get them extra early. Its hoped that the people who get it earliest won't jump the gun too much, but why do you need permission once its received and listened to?

And here I thought that I was the one who was trying to micromanage this ...

For provocation, it takes two ... it only works if you let it bug you. It's his alias, after all.

But if you know there are people out there that will be provoked, why provoke them? Is there an inherent need to provoke? Personally I have no problem with the handle, I think it does speak of bad tast or bad attitude, though.

I'd rather the provoking bit were thought-provoking and more in content than in form. But I see our newest member has been working on the content. :tup

I would advise that if any one member here stands up telling you your handle is offensive, you change it. Other than that: Welcome a board!

But if you know there are people out there that will be provoked, why provoke them? Is there an inherent need to provoke? Personally I have no problem with the handle, I think it does speak of bad tast or bad attitude, though.

How can he know when he's new to the board? ;)

I can think of more tasteful aliasses, of course, but still .....

I remember an old joke:

Psychoanalyst welcomes a new client. To get things started, he takes a blank sheet of paper, draws a circle and asks: What do you think of when you see this? Client thinks for a while, then says: I think of a naked girl!.

Analyst shrugs, pulls out another piece of paper, draws a triangle, asks the same question, and, of course, gets the same answer.

He gives it another try and draws a square. When the client again replies he thinks of a naked girl, the analyst loses his temper and shouts: Naked girls! Naked girls! Nothing else you can think of?

Patient stands up and says: Who? Me?! Now who produced all these dirty pictures?!

I wouldn't see an inherent need to provoke. Could as well be he just wanted to make some fun. Dexter Gordon talked about his sexophone, now if he had used this as an alias? It's his behaviour that counts in the long run. It was the others making the ballyhoo.

Discussion for BF #s 1-3 were started by someone else.

Sangrey, Couw and Randy started their own discussion threads.

The question is, why should it be up to the test giver to say, "now, you may begin discussing"?

You send out your discs. Some get them early, some get them later. Your helpers get them extra early. Its hoped that the people who get it earliest won't jump the gun too much, but why do you need permission once its received and listened to?

And here I thought that I was the one who was trying to micromanage this ...

Dan, I did not intend to get in your way ... I hadn't noticed the discussion threads had partly been started by others. But I like the idea of having the compiler starting the thread.

So I'd suggest, as soon as the first discs are out, the Test Master should open the discussion thread.

Mike, that last comment was made in jest.

I think its fine if the compiler wants to start the thread, but Golden Arm said (perhaps in jest) that he was a control freak who would "control" when the discussion gets opened.

If the compiler wishes to start the thread once he's shipped the discs, by all means.

But if he doesn't do so, any recipient should be allowed to start the discussion when they are ready to do so.

But remember as with all us control freek jazznobs I get to start this whenever I see fit. :rsmile:

Sorry guy, but any of those Europeans who've had a headstart can get the discussion going when they want. Not up to the test giver once it leaves his hands.

OOOH... Looks like I've been issued a yellow card by the keeper of the keys. Does one have to wallpaper stuff with smilies or have the power of uri geller to get someone to bend for a little humor? The comment was in jest as it plays back to a tag that was written on the BFT FAQ thread.

When you do get your test disk Dan, make sure to crank up the volume as loud as it will go, then sit back in your barcalounger and press play. After that you can pick your tweeters off the floor and issue me a red card!

:rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile: :rsmile:

Seriously tho... I mailed the US as soon as I got the reply from the EU so with the holiday they would have gone out pre-dawn today. I sprayed the west coast packages with silicone so they would get there faster. I will start the discussion thread tomorrow being Wednesday. I surrender my jovial control freekiness back to it's rightful owner. :g

And if you're watching? S__V please do email me so I may get a set out to you, your queefiness. :o

BTW I'm not changing my moniker to "guy".