Anyone ever have this happen to a CD?

Hardbopjazz

My copy of Joe Henderson's Tetragon stopped playing. When I put in my CD drive on my computer, the CD/DVD burning software pops up and asks what I want to write to the disc. The CD doesn't play in my stereo CD player. I have had CDs go bad, but never one where my computer thinks it is a blank disc.

Not meant to offend, but have you cleaned the disc? If so, try playing it on other CD players and computers; you may find one that can play it. Also, if you have Roxio Toast or similar, try to make an exact copy of the disc onto a blank; the blank might then play.

What is meant by "pinholes? If the reflective surface/coating/whatever has been damaged to where you can see all the way through the disc from the "label" side, the isn't that a fundamental problem right there? Laser has an escape, does not return, much like an ill-treated dog and a hole under the fence, or some such.

• 2 weeks later...

What is meant by "pinholes? If the reflective surface/coating/whatever has been damaged to where you can see all the way through the disc from the "label" side, the isn't that a fundamental problem right there? Laser has an escape, does not return, much like an ill-treated dog and a hole under the fence, or some such.

If you hold the disc up to a light source, you can see through the disc to the light.