• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"on the tender spot of every calloused moment" Ambrose Akinmusire

1592134925_6961_clubmusicdownload_com.jp

I'm really divided about this one. I do like the playing of the piano trio supporting him, as with his previous two cd live release. . . and just like that I'm not that enamoured of the trumpeting or compositions. Sound is pretty good. . . an interesting first listen if not my cup of tea.

Edited by jazzbo

81RQuLaYNJL._SL1419_.jpg

Need this on CD because having to get up to turn the record ove required more delayed gratification than I can muster at this time in these days.

Damn are those two of the great tenor records, the Von Freeman Nessas. If you love tenor and don't have these, hey - gap identified. Same thing for if you like music, or just life, period, these are records that willget you through and up out of anything. They're doing it for me right now, and they can do them for you too, no doubt.

Von Freeman says those things that are true and make you feel good about them being true. He was a healer, this I do believe, and these are healing records.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

81RQuLaYNJL._SL1419_.jpg

Need this on CD because having to get up to turn the record ove required more delayed gratification than I can muster at this time in these days.

Damn are those two of the great tenor records, the Von Freeman Nessas. If you love tenor and don't have these, hey - gap identified. Same thing for if you like music, or just life, period, these are records that willget you through and up out of anything. They're doing it for me right now, and they can do them for you too, no doubt.

Von Freeman says those things that are true and make you feel good about them being true. He was a healer, this I do believe, and these are healing records.

I was in the studio as "Have No Fear" was recorded. It was like being present at the parting of the Red Sea.

1 hour ago, Larry Kart said:

I was in the studio as "Have No Fear" was recorded. It was like being present at the parting of the Red Sea.

So did you go on ahead and walk across? Because that's what it was there for to do. Still is. Walk across to the other side.

I swear to god, for me, today, this is the greatest most fine recorded music ever. Square business.