Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghost of miles

Confirmation on Teddy Wilson and Mosaic update

112 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2018 at 1:07 PM, Jordan said:

Very excited, mine arrived today! But while burning all the discs to my computer I noticed that I have duplicates of discs 3 & 4 and no discs 5 & 6. Just something to be looking for. I emailed Mosaic, so I'm sure they'll get it straight. I hope that its just a one-off mistake with mine. 

I was excited to receive my set today, but I have exactly the same problem--two copies of discs 3 and 4 and no discs 5 and 6. I guess the quality control person was laid off.

Listening to disc 1 as I write this. These 1934 solos are a very pleasant surprise. Wilson is all over the keyboard and a lot more aggressive than what we think of as his usual. Really looking forward to hearing more of this set!

Luckily, I have discs 5 and 6, but I did check, thanks to warnings posted here!

gregmo

Well, I should have mine tomorrow. Really looking forward to finally hearing it and checking out the notes.

My Teddy Wilson set has arrived - copy no. 69. Came with a Louis Armstrong Live test pressing vinyl box, which I got from Scott at the sale. Some geat listening coming up !:)

While reading Loren Schoenberg's superb notes for this set yesterday I found something amusing in three of the picture credits. I wonder who the W.C. Fields fan is at Mosaic? The photographs on pages 4, 10 and 13 are said to be from the collections of  Mahatma Kane Jeeves, Larson E. Whipsnade, and Egbert Souse respectively.

Lovely!

6 hours ago, Don Brown said:

While reading Loren Schoenberg's superb notes for this set yesterday I found something amusing in three of the picture credits. I wonder who the W.C. Fields fan is at Mosaic? The photographs on pages 4, 10 and 13 are said to be from the collections of  Mahatma Kane Jeeves, Larson E. Whipsnade, and Egbert Souse respectively.

Lovely!

Good catch! 😊 I’d imagine that’s Scott Wenzel. 

On April 1, 2018 at 7:34 AM, jazzbo said:

I'm three discs in. Great set imo. Sound and notes are excellent. 

And probably sounds really , really, really good on the new system..

Posted (edited)

My new 25th anniversary edition Decware SE84UFO3 Monoblocks are breaking in and wowing me; 2.7 watts per channel never sounded more powerful. It's true, this new Mosaic sounds wonderful with this system. . . I'm at the moment re-listening to disc 3.

Edited by jazzbo

2.7 Watts?  That wouldn’t rip the skin off a rice pudding..:g

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, kh1958 said:

I was excited to receive my set today, but I have exactly the same problem--two copies of discs 3 and 4 and no discs 5 and 6. I guess the quality control person was laid off.

While Mosaic by email promised to send me discs 5 and 6, I  am still  waiting.

30 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

2.7 Watts?  That wouldn’t rip the skin off a rice pudding..:g

Works perfectly for my needs. I just had to turn Teddy down. .. and I was only about halfway up!

5 hours ago, kh1958 said:

While Mosaic by email promised to send me discs 5 and 6, I  am still  waiting.

Yep same here. I figured it might take longer than usual because they don’t have extra pieces of this set sitting around the shop yet.