A bit of help for AAJ

A Lark Ascending

Given that, I think I'll try hanging out here for a while, if that okay with you good folks... Yes, something of an AAJ refugee here. A few of you guys may know me, and to those who don't yet - hey now!   :)

Welcome here, gdogus!

ubu

Thanks so much for the welcome, y'all. The recent flame wars over on AAJ did make it an uncomfortable place to be, even if I wasn't involved in any of it. But maybe "refugee" is too strong a word. "Expatriate"? Remains to be seen. Let's just say that I've cosen to "live abroad" for a while... B)

Edited by gdogus

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had anything to do with Kevin, personally, but I always thoroughly enjoyed his comments, his insights, his opinions.

I would sure welcome him back here!

(and we had enough Connoisseur discussion, nevertheless, didn't we? Although I sure miss that one thread in particular, too! But as another worthy member has said so well: Let it go!)

ubu

yup, me too

Me too, too. But I sure wish he hadn't...

Let it go. What's done is done.

Yeah, you're probably right. His deleting all his threads here really soured me on the guy, even though I miss his contributions. I don't feel like we 'deserve' an appology from him, but if he offered one (with sincerity) - I would appreciate it. Not gonna happen, I realize (and it's not like I've lost any sleep over it either). What's done is done.

I totally agree with CS 500's sentiments and we should be glad to welcome everyone. Diversity is what drives this place. And we should certainly welcome Kevin back. His knowledge and contacts are hard to replace. What happened in the past is...in the past. I just hope that in welcoming everyone, we don't fatallyl weaken AAJ in the process.

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

AAJ has definitely turned into the *NO NO NANETTE SET*.

(The site where Christiern & Stapes dwell)

I'm sure as shit glad DEEP is done over there.

I hope we can lure him over here to rev up this joint.

I think he's hungover but when he awakens and boots up I'll sound him.

WINGY

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

chamberlain.jpg

STAPLETON,

How appropriate:

SONGS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN HITS EXCEPT FOR A QUIRK OF FATE:

1. WE'RE COUNTING ON YOU GENERAL CUSTER

2. BON VOYAGE TITANIC

3. LITTLE ROCK, THAT *ALL-AMERICAN TOWN*

4. WELL DONE, NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN

Please go to the No No Nanette site, ALLABOUTGIZZ

WINGY

Everyone is welcome, here, including you Phil. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome Con. That's a noble policy which I tend to agree with - hopefully all other board users will as well and respect the views of others even if they happen to disagree with them. Argument is fine but I don't think gratuitous abuse is in anyway necessary and should not be tolerated in any situation.

It very surprising to me that because of a couple of threads which are out of the norm can cause someone to "hold the board hostage."

My friend writes with wild humor and great knowledge of the music.

Why some thinskins need to sanitize everything is beyond me.

I will admit that the Edelstein (sp?) thread got a bit booooring though. :excited: