on hiatus from 'most everything

Guest Bill Barton

Guest Bill Barton

i'm on temporary hiatus from both shows at kbcs. shattered my right elbow in a freak accident. surgery, week in hospital, now have a butt-ugly and very uncomfortable brace on right arm. can't use that hand or arm at all. looks like a long healing/recovery... arm bends about 30 degrees on a good day, less on a bad one. tons of physical therapy to go. doing everything with your left hand is a bitch, especially when you live alone. tasks that took seconds become chores that take many minutes. all of my creative outlets are on hold: the radio shows, the freelance writing, the drumming... gotta find new ones for awhile i guess.

not that i've been all that active here recently anyway, but probably will be even less so in months ahead...

Guest Bill Barton

thanks everyone! i'll still cruise by here on occasion. plenty of "spare" time, that's for sure. this left-hand typing sucks! never thought i'd be reduced to this annoying im-speak no caps style - lol. yeah, i'm hangin' in there. thing i'm missing the most right now is being able to play my congas and ashiko. gonna have a strong left hand when this is all done though!