LF: Carlos Ward - "Lito" (w/ Woody Shaw)

If this title has ever been on CD, I be lookin' for one.

If not, why not??

Thanks!!

e24766zh2ls.jpg

Sound Samples and AMG review: click here

The fact that there are even sound-samples on the AMG, implies that this has been released on CD at least at one time. But I can't seem to find any other evidence of it being digital ever.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

If not, why not??

Thanks!!

e24766zh2ls.jpg

The fact that there are even sound-samples on the AMG, implies that this has been released on CD at least at one time. But I can't seem to find any other evidence of it being digital ever.

It was released on CD on Leo Records, but it's long OOP. As far as I know, there are no plans to reissue it.

It is actually not that good, and if you want to hear the same compositions perfomed better, get Ed Balckwell's What It Is? and What It Be Like? on Enja.

If not, why not??

Thanks!!

e24766zh2ls.jpg

Actually, the cover pic you posted is the one only used for the cd. The lp cover is completely different.

It's a must have IMO. I have only seen it once and I snapped it up quick. I think I paid something like 2.99 for the lp.

I've been looking for those Blackwell discs. I listened to Red and Black today, Ed was one of the greats.

The Blackwell discs are very good. I own one, and the other was stolen a few years back. Just a reminder of something that I need to replace.

• 2 years later...

I'm slow to the party here, but now I'm looking for a copy of Lito. Checked the usual suspects:

Amazon

Half.com

Jazzloft

Squidco

Drimala (didn't know they'd folded)

Cadence

Hotbabespossessingrarejazz.com

... and came up empty.

Any leads?

Not sure if you do vinyl, but a seller on www.gemm.com is listed as having the LP in stock for $23.00.

If not, why not??

Thanks!!

e24766zh2ls.jpg

Actually, the cover pic you posted is the one only used for the cd. The lp cover is completely different.

It's a must have IMO. I have only seen it once and I snapped it up quick. I think I paid something like 2.99 for the lp.

Uh, my copy of the LP has that very cover and I've never seen it with anything else. I don't know how many times Leo pressed it, but I'm surprised that it was enough times to change up. Could you post the alternate artwork?

• 16 years later...

After almost 20 years of looking, I finally just found a copy of this on CD.

I'm sure I've never seen one out in the wild -- and I'm not sure I've ever seen one online even (or not for anything less than crazy money, and even then, only after it sold).

Dusty Groove had one (just arrived yesterday), for $25 used.  More than I wanted to pay, but I've been wanting one of these for going on a quarter century(!) -- as I think I first heard it in the late 90's, maybe around '98 or '99.

Addendum:  …and by “crazy money” I just meant over $50 — which always seemed crazy for a ‘Leo’ CD — a label where (at least at one time) it wasn’t all that hard to find various Sun Ra titles, and a lot more reasonably priced too (at least 10-15+ years ago, anyway).

Was Lito just sold in a lot more limited quantities for some reason?