• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having spent a wonderful few hours this afternoon at this location (without being flooded out too !) there's only one record to spin..

OIP.6O9Tbpdt5Xe10xMX9_Eu4gHaHd?rs=1&pid=

It's never been the same though since the days (circa 1970) of playing cricket with tennis ball against the stones. 😮

Edited by sidewinder

41 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Having spent a wonderful few hours this afternoon at this location (without being flooded out too !) there's only one record to spin..

It's never been the same though since the days (circa 1970) of playing cricket with tennis ball against the stones. 😮

Always wondered what the mystical three vertical chalked lines represented 

That's one I would really like to find. Online prices are currently £125 and upwards so it will take a decent month or a very weak moment as it stands

circa 1980, camping there at the Solstice with a few hundred others for the free festival. More drugs on sale than the entire chain of Boots had on sale, an innocent student didn't know what to do...

Edited by mjazzg

Yeah, Never went for those festivals. Not my thing at all..

As a youngster when driving past on the A303 with the family we used to pull in and have a break at the stones. At the time there was no visitor centre, nor were there any barriers preventing access - a free-for-all really. So it seemed pretty natural as a kid to pick out one of the sacred blue stones from the Prescili Mountains and use it as a wicket. Just the right height !!

Discogs seems to have a nice NM copy from a UK dealer of 'Stonehenge'. Probably worth the £175..(gulp).

Edited by sidewinder

IMG-5481.jpg

such a great 3LP compilation from MCA Japan. Great discographical information. For 10 euros truly a steal. And it might be just my imagination or what I want to hear: but the sound quality is the best I’ve heard up till now with these Columbia/Decca records. Better than my They don’t sound like they were recorded in the 40’s. 

Edited by Pim

49 minutes ago, Pim said:

IMG-5481.jpg

such a great 3LP compilation from MCA Japan. Great discographical information. For 10 euros truly a steal. And it might be just my imagination or what I want to hear: but the sound quality is the best I’ve heard up till now with these Columbia/Decca records. Better than my They don’t sound like they were recorded in the 40’s. 

A steal indeed .... btw beautiful Cover Art ....

21 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Same here 😅

Stonehenge Juli 1974 (Copy).jpg

My family between the stones in July 1974!

1 hour ago, bresna said:

Blue Mitchell - Step Lightly (Blue Note). This is the LT-1082 pressing. While I've found that some of these LT pressings aren't in the best sound, this one sounds very nice.

image.jpeg.9f867b61e98e07bc2eafdb1ae24b7462.jpeg

I find that these LT issues can sound very good indeed, particularly the US pressings. For this reason I have held off buying the 'Infinity' Tone Poet. I think I have most of these LT issues but not 'Step Lightly'.

Now spinning:

My5qcGVn.jpeg

Stanley Turrentine - In the Pocket (Fantasy, 1975)

A recent dollar bin find.  The strings & voices on this album, arranged by Gene Page, give the music a 70-soundtrack vibe.  It's soul-jazz with a definite emphasis on the soul side.  Regardless of the low-ish jazz quotient, I think the music is terrific. It accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do, and Stanley sounds great. 

Edited by HutchFan