What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

tprlp161.jpg

New York Art Quartet - Call It Art (Triple Point); record two. And I guess I'm coming out of the closet as a buyer of this expensive and incredible box set. I didn't pay full price; I bought someone's promo copy. But after living with this set for four months, I have to say that it would have been worth the retail price. This is an incredible box set.

• Replies 55.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take pride. As soon as I get my Cecil Taylor FMP box that one is next on the list! I hope the price isn't too inflated in 30 years...

I bought the Cecil Taylor FMP Berlin box when it was issued. I really had to scrape together the money at the time, but it was something I had to do - it was like I didn't have a choice, even if it meant eating ramen noodles for a month.

tprlp161.jpg

New York Art Quartet - Call It Art (Triple Point); record two. And I guess I'm coming out of the closet as a buyer of this expensive and incredible box set. I didn't pay full price; I bought someone's promo copy. But after living with this set for four months, I have to say that it would have been worth the retail price. This is an incredible box set.

Looks terrific, I'd love it but can't justify the expense.

tprlp161.jpg

Wonder whose promo it was? They wrote my name on the box logo.

tprlp161.jpg

No name on mine.

same here. The Incus Music Improvisation Company is much rawer than the ECM (not surprisingly).

tprlp161.jpg

No name on mine.

Guess they knew I wouldn't sell mine, #Clifford.

MI0002112265.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Dollar Brand (Abdullah Ibrahim), African Space Program (Enja). Great album with a large ensemble. Sadly my copy is worn--sounds like the previous owner played it a lot on granny's old stereo console with the thrashed needle.

cover_3836123112009.jpg

Don Ellis At Fillmore (Columbia). I'd give this one 3 3/4 stars, or 1 and 7/8 thumbs up.

Bobby Few - More Or Less Few [Center of The World]

first listen. First Few leader date in the collection

I have the Few, totally dig it. There are sections on it where he makes Cecil sound like a Chopin recitalist. It's rough and raw, and I love that aspect., as well as the almost DIY facet of the album.

Wayne Shorter - Odyssey of Iska [blue Note]

Bobby Few - More Or Less Few [Center of The World]

first listen. First Few leader date in the collection

There are sections on it where he makes Cecil sound like a Chopin recitalist.

Loved that comparison Leeway.

First listen certainly revealed a strong session