What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Next up

Jack Duff -------The Enchanted Isle-------(Avenue)

A 1971 hard bop album with the late Kenny Wheeler adding immensely to the attractive themes. My copy looks clean but has quite a few rough spots which don't really detract too much from the driving music .

Never HEARD of that one!!!

MG

Next up

Jack Duff -------The Enchanted Isle-------(Avenue)

A 1971 hard bop album with the late Kenny Wheeler adding immensely to the attractive themes. My copy looks clean but has quite a few rough spots which don't really detract too much from the driving music .

Never HEARD of that one!!!

MG

I used to have this LP years ago but sold it because it did not really grab me much. I bought it because of Wheeler's presence but unfortunately the music struck me as rather so-so.

Oh hell - I just realised it's not Jack McDuff but Jack Duff. What a duffer :g

MG

• Replies 55.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andrew Hill - Dance With Death (Blue Note). This is another rainbow LP that just doesn't sound very good, which is why I think a lot of them sat in the can until Michael Cuscuna rescued them. Trumpeter Charles Tolliver sounds like he's playing in the other room. There's clearly something wrong with this recording and it's much more noticeable on the original LP.

XAT-1245572580.jpg

Edit: The more I listen to this, I have to wonder if RVG accidentally left a microphone shut off. Listen to the drum solo on the second track, "Partitions".

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

Duke Pearson, Sweet Honey Bee (Blue Note Liberty). Not a great copy of the LP, but still it is amazing how much better it sounds than the CD.

Duke Pearson, Sweet Honey Bee (Blue Note Liberty). Not a great copy of the LP, but still it is amazing how much better it sounds than the CD.

Wasn't that one of those where the master tape was lost?

Wasn't that one of those where the master tape was lost?

Yes, apparently so.