• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Side 3 of the mid 70's Prestige two-fer "Gerry Mulligan & Chet Baker ". Nice. And I'm not usually a "West Coast" kinda guy.

Next up:

BIG John Patton - Let 'Em Roll - BN Rare Grooves Series - "Wally" in the deadwax... :wub:

Here we go....Oh yeah... I'm noddin' :cool::tup:tup

Edited by Parkertown

Don Wilkerson with Patton/Green/Dixon 'Shoutin'!' (BN NY USA mono). 'Happy Johnny' playing ! :wub:

That's a great one! Got that and Preach Brother in Minneapolis, top condition NY, for $15 each... Strangely enough, the Elder Don was $40. Bought it anyway, of course... ;)

Grrrrr... :g

Tubby Hayes 'Mexican Green' (Japanese Fontana reissue)

How are these? I saw Hiroshi has a few, and my CD's are scuffed to hell!

I've just A/B'd it against my near-mint UK Fontana stereo copy. The original sounds better - fuller dynamics (especially at top end), better soundstage and more detail. I'm not convinced that this reissue is from master tapes, although it does seem to be in stereo. Maybe they have lifted from a mint vinyl and de-clicked? I bought it as a second 'play' copy to preserve the condition on my original. Certainly though, it sounds better than the Mole LP of this title.

Anyone got the Ronnie Ross 'Cleopatra's Needle' Japanese reissue to confirm what this one is like?

Quality of the sleeve/packaging on the Japanese reissue is first rate. A very good facsimile.

Quality of the sleeve/packaging on the Japanese reissue is first rate. A very good facsimile.

That's what I hoped! I'll get a couple from Hiroshi next paycheck, methinks...

Now if they'd just do Le Temps Fou!...

These are recommended. To be honest, I don't think they could have done a better job with the packaging. The Lps are provided with two sleeves - one for holding the record and another one for posing with/admiring/framing which has the flipback on the rear cover. Sleeve art is as good a replica as you can get.

These are recommended. To be honest, I don't think they could have done a better job with the packaging. The Lps are provided with two sleeves - one for holding the record and another one for posing with/admiring/framing which has the flipback on the rear cover. Sleeve art is as good a replica as you can get.

Sorta like how they did the Howard Riley Discussions reish...

Sorta like how they did the Howard Riley Discussions reish...

Yes !