• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, porcy62 said:

That would be "Tubbs in New York"? I'll look for it on discogs

I think the CD has a couple of bonus tracks not on the vinyl but yes, ‘Tubbs in New York’.

Even better - treat yourself to a copy of the Fontana 12LP set mastered by Gearbox before it goes AWOL. This includes ‘Tubbs in New York’.

a3440426085_10.jpg

Edited by sidewinder

14 hours ago, porcy62 said:

That would be "Tubbs in New York"? I'll look for it on discogs

If you really like Tubby's work, you should try to find that old Columbia CD. It has 4 extra tracks that are not in the Fontana box. They add almost an extra LP (~29 minutes) of music to this session and this Columbia CD sounds pretty good. Not great, but good enough. The extra tunes:

Soho Soul 8:02
The Simple Waltz 8:57
Half A Sawbuck 7:13
You're My Everything 5:06

Only 2 of these tracks, "Half A Sawbuck" & "You're My Everything" have showed up elsewhere. They were on the Columbia LP issued coincidentally with the CD and a recent PD LP from WaxTime.

2 hours ago, bresna said:

If you really like Tubby's work, you should try to find that old Columbia CD. It has 4 extra tracks that are not in the Fontana box. They add almost an extra LP (~29 minutes) of music to this session and this Columbia CD sounds pretty good. Not great, but good enough. The extra tunes:

Soho Soul 8:02
The Simple Waltz 8:57
Half A Sawbuck 7:13
You're My Everything 5:06

Only 2 of these tracks, "Half A Sawbuck" & "You're My Everything" have showed up elsewhere. They were on the Columbia LP issued coincidentally with the CD and a recent PD LP from WaxTime.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I think the CD has a couple of bonus tracks not on the vinyl but yes, ‘Tubbs in New York’.

Even better - treat yourself to a copy of the Fontana 12LP set mastered by Gearbox before it goes AWOL. This includes ‘Tubbs in New York’.

a3440426085_10.jpg

Your suggestions are always precious, I mean in every meanings :D

20 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

Thanks!

Your suggestions are always precious, I mean in every meanings :D

No problem. ‘Rough Trade’ UK were doing that set at 50% off (absolute bargain) but sadly I think that expired. Worth checking for deals of that type though, it is a great collection.

Now on my 'table:

MS05NDQzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Carmen McRae - Velvet Soul (Groove Merchant)
Reissue of two Groove Merchant LPs: 
-  Ms. Jazz (1974) - with Zoot Sims (ts); Bucky Pizzarelli (g); Tom Garvin (p, kybd); Paul West (b); Jimmy Madison (d)
- It Takes a Whole Lot of Human Feeling (1974) - with Joe Pass (g); Dick Shreve (p); Ray Brown (b); Frank Severino (d); Larry Bunker (perc, vib)