What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Almost got through side A of Air - Air Time (Nessa) before my son informed me that he wanted to watch tv.

Sigh.

Side B. Finally.

I had the same problem tonight with my daughter : she wanted to watch cartoons on TV. But my Don Sleet's All Members, jazzland orange DG original was spinning. I said no. Don Sleet wins.

Shees...and they wonder why young people don't like jazz. :w

• Replies 55.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frank%20Sinatra%20-%20Where%20Are%20You%20.jpg

Capitol rainbow (side logo), mono.

Early Capitol stereo sessions were recorded with completely different mic setups and mixes. The mono version of this album has much more fullness and presence than the stereo.

This copy is PRISTINE! Love the opening "wooosh" you hear in the lead-in groove on Capitol mono LPs of this vintage.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

The Louis Cottrell Trio- Bourbon Street- N.O.\Living Legends- Riverside Japanese reissue, amazing and wonderful music,

next up keeping the New Orleans feeling going

New Orleans today volume two- an anthology of music from the crescent city 77 records

not exactly hifi but spirited playing by a large and varied cast.

Daktari - Shelly Manne - Atlantic red & purple label, mono.

The chimp on this show had an impressive career. She played Debbie the Bloop on "Lost in Space" and Mata Hari on "Lancelot Link Secret Chimp." The makeup department on "Planet of the Apes" also used an impression of her face for the chimp masks for those films. Quite a run, huh?

Edited by Teasing the Korean

John Coltrane/Lee Morgan (Swing/Roulette)

On Side 1 Coltrane leads a group which preceded the classic quartet. It has Tyner, Billy Higgins and Steve Davis and they play three Coltrane compositions, "Exotica", "One and Four" and "Simple Like". Although these tracks are not particularly well known, they are of the highest quality, Coltrane playing with amazing passion and they are my favorite pieces of Coltrane on record. Anybody else a fan for them? Side 2 has a quintet of Morgan, Shorter, Timmons, Jimmy Rowser and Art Taylor.