• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife is away during the weekend and all was set for some "difficult" listening, but somehow I didn't feel like it, so - inspired by a recent mention in another thread - I put on Hank Mobley's 'Far Away Lands' (French DMM). Every time I listen to this album every second year or so I seem to think the same thing - that it's better than I remembered!

frontko2.jpg

Taken with a cup of Kusmi "Anastasia" Tea.

More stuff that nobody else here likes and which would open me up to scorn and ridicule (late 50's Mercury deep groove mono)

How can we hold you up to scorn and ridicule if we don't know what you've listened to. :D

I really just wanted everyone to be impressed with my near-mint deep groove first pressing of whatever it was that I listened to.

More stuff that nobody else here likes and which would open me up to scorn and ridicule (late 50's Mercury deep groove mono)

How can we hold you up to scorn and ridicule if we don't know what you've listened to. :D

I really just wanted everyone to be impressed with my near-mint deep groove first pressing of whatever it was that I listened to.

Sorry I didn't get it. Too subtle for me.

Well, I really was listening to stuff that would invite mockery, but my original post and the follow-up were supposed to be humorous. I'm not very funny in person, and I'm really not very funny online.

Right now I'm listening to a former employer:

Michael J. Smith - Geomusic III-PL (Poljazz) Some free jazz with the great Polish multi-instrumentalist Zbigniew Namyslowski, from 1975.