Blindfold Test freeloaders

mikeweil

Well, I guess you guys can count me as one of the ones who hasn't yet thanked Ray. So thank you for getting this to me and my apologies for not having thanked you sooner. I haven't contributed that much lately to BFTs and if you guys want to rake me over the coals, so be it. I frankly don't have as much time as I used to, what with working until 730 or so every night. I believe that when you sign up, you should thank the person but I don't where you all think you get the right to ban somebody. This is not your board but Jim's. This is not an exclusive little club but something we hope we get something from, even if we don't participate. I'm not in this for the thanks but to spread a little music around. When it gets to be my turn sometime next year, I'm not here looking for thanks but to give others an idea of what I like to listen to. So, please, let's get off the high horse and if you guys would like to toss me of this forum because my participation hasn't been too active lately, suit yourselves.

Brad, I don't think anyone's talking about banning from the forum; as you say, it's Jim's forum, and the BFT is just one small part of it. I assume what everyone's talking about is eliminating participation in future BFTs if someone is abusing the system.

Brad, I don't think anyone's talking about banning from the forum; as you say, it's Jim's forum, and the BFT is just one small part of it. I assume what everyone's talking about is eliminating participation in future BFTs if someone is abusing the system.

Perhaps it's a poor choice of words on my part, but it's essentially the same thing. The end result is the same.

I think we all should relax... :rhappy:

In my opinion this thread is/should be a reminder that everybody receiving BFT discs SHOULD say, at least, "Thanks for that disc" to the compiler, publicly in the Discussion or the Sign-up thread, or privately via PM or e-mail. For all of us "life gets in the way" at any time, so NO OBLIGATION to post guesses or comments on every track: that´s clearly stated in the BFT Rules!

banning??? black list??? three shots and you´re dead???

Who´s gonna be the police court? :rolleyes:

EDIT: while I was making coffee, EKE posted. I'll leave it as is. The high horse refers to Brad's post above...

talking of high horses... woa! :huh:

It's not as if by saying "thanks" you're signing away your soul to the devil. Drop the note in advance when signing up, if clicking the button twice is too heavy a strain on your fingers or takes up too much time, just say "thank you" and all's well.

And BTW: this *IS* an exclusive club, it's just that membership is open to everyone so the exclusivity part doesn't really mean that much. It's like a sportsclub really, if you sign up you are expected to play. No one can be forced to play, but if you don't play, you explain why. It's a cool club, though and you don't even have to explain, you just say "thanks."

You see, I'm not that much of a horse man, but do like an occasional soap box. ;)

Now I'm gonna have a cuppacoffee and relax. Please join me. -_-

Edited by couw

It's like a sportsclub really, if you sign up you are expected to play. No one can be forced to play, but if you don't play, you explain why. It's a cool club, though and you don't even have to explain, you just say "thanks."

I know many guys that, being longtime members of a sports club, the only place they visit there is the BAR. They show their bellies and have a couple of whiskies.... and say THANKS to the blondie waitress :w

:P

It's like a sportsclub really, if you sign up you are expected to play. No one can be forced to play, but if you don't play, you explain why. It's a cool club, though and you don't even have to explain, you just say "thanks."

Well said, John! :tup

p.s. I was gonna make me a cappucino anyway .... :w

Whoa. I hope you guys aren't talking about me! I have received a couple of blindfold tests that I never got around to going through the comments for, which is why I am always hesitant to sign up, and why I usually don't. I know this thing takes a lot of effort, time, money to put together and I hate wasting people's efforts, time, or money.

I still haven't gotten around to reading the answers to Alexander's blindfold test! :o

I've been sure to post thanks in each test thread i participate in. I can't really participate in the discussion/guessing because in all the tests i have done, i have recognized maybe 2 songs. I am a relative jazz newbie, and use these discs to introduce myself to new artists, because for the most part the discs do not feature the well known names that i have already heard. So again, a big thanks to all the compilers, the effort is extraordinary. I agree that in each signup thread the poster should post something along the lines of “this took a lot of effort to put together, thanks is appreciated when you have received and listened to the disc.

I'm guilty. :huh:

Life has been very busy for me the last couple months. I haven't had the chance to comment on rockefeller center's or RDK's tests yet. I have been listening to them and I have really enjoyed what I have heard, but finding the time to comment has been difficult. As most of you knw, I have a new baby in the house. I also was recently laid off. Believe it or not, I have less time now to post than I did when I was working! Go figure. :wacko:

I have assisted the compilers of several other tests. And, I have sent copies of previous BFT's to people who have requested them, as well as send out a test of my own. So I figure I'm OK in the karma department.

:g

Ray,

You're bonus disc is amazing! I haven't had that much fun listening to a disc in a long long time.

My comments will be forthcoming as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jim

I've been sure to post thanks in each test thread i participate in. I can't really participate in the discussion/guessing because in all the tests i have done, i have recognized maybe 2 songs. I am a relative jazz newbie, and use these discs to introduce myself to new artists, because for the most part the discs do not feature the well known names that i have already heard. So again, a big thanks to all the compilers, the effort is extraordinary. I agree that in each signup thread the poster should post something along the lines of “this took a lot of effort to put together, thanks is appreciated when you have received and listened to the disc.

ditto that!

B)

Resuming where we left off. I may not have thanked everybody sufficiently (except maybe for Tony, Dan, Jim R and Jim S), so thanks Couw, Randy, William, Jim Dye, Alexander, Thomas and Ray for the effort you guys have put in.

I've been forced to drop out of the BMT mail lists due to my sporadic participation on this board of late.

I believe I received three of four in total and posted my comments on them all. If I skipped anyone, I just wish to say that I appreciate the time and effort spent in sending me these discs.

Wonderful job everyone! :tup

Unfortunately, I will have to stay off the list to receive these discs as my work schedule doesn't allow me the time to post any responses with sufficient degree of integrity.

Resuming where we left off. I may not have thanked everybody sufficiently (except maybe for Tony, Dan, Jim R and Jim S), so thanks Couw, Randy, William, Jim Dye, Alexander, Thomas and Ray for the effort you guys have put in.

hah! I lied! you just sold your soul to the devil!

CyclingSatan.jpg

;)

I agree it's bad form to repeatedly receive BFTs and never comment. But as someone said, it's up to the blindfold tester whether or not to take the risk. We all know by now there's never a 100% return.

I'll take advantage of this thread to thank Rockefeller Center again for sending me a new copy of BFT 10 when the first one never arrived--it was much appreciated, as I would hate to have missed it. I haven't commented yet, RC, but I will, I will!

Resuming where we left off.  I may not have thanked everybody sufficiently (except maybe for Tony, Dan, Jim R and Jim S), so thanks Couw, Randy, William, Jim Dye, Alexander, Thomas and Ray for the effort you guys have put in.

hah! I lied! you just sold your soul to the devil!

CyclingSatan.jpg

;)

Hmm. I didn't know Couwenberg meant devil in German :o