Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Complete Verve Gerry Mulligan Concert Band Sessions - disc 2
Gerry Mulligan and The Concert Jazz Band On Tour w/ Guest Soloist Zoot Sims - V6-8438 [{C} on Mosaic Verve GM CJB - disc 3]
— With Nick Travis, Conte Candoli, Don Ferrara, Bob Brookmeyer, Willie Dennis Alan Raph, Gene Quill, Bob Donavan, Jim Reider, Zoot Sims, Gene Allen, Buddy Clark, Mel Lewis
41BCCF6VBTL._SY300_.jpg
MI0001666493.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
Edited by alankin

The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings of Gerald Wilson and his Orchestra - disc 1, with:
211UXMrWHoL.jpg

Gerald Wilson – You Better Believe It [(AB) - GW Mosaic] (Mosaic – Pacific Jazz)
— With Carmell Jones, Bob Edmondson, Joe Maini, Buddy Collette, Harold Land, Teddy Edwards, Richard "Groove" Holmes, Mel Lewis, etc.
514iliBjMOL._SY300_.jpg
Gerald Wilson Big Band – Moment of Truth [(CD) - GW Mosaic] (Mosaic – Pacific Jazz)
— With Carmell Jones, Bob Edmondson, Bud Shank, Joe Maini, Teddy Edwards, Harold Land, Jack Wilson, Joe Pass, Jimmy Bond, Mel Lewis, etc.
61TTt0vShsL._SY300_.jpg
Edited by alankin

The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings of Gerald Wilson and his Orchestra - disc 1, with:
211UXMrWHoL.jpg

Gerald Wilson – You Better Believe It [(AB) - GW Mosaic] (Mosaic – Pacific Jazz)
— With Carmell Jones, Bob Edmondson, Joe Maini, Buddy Collette, Harold Land, Teddy Edwards, Richard "Groove" Holmes, Mel Lewis, etc.
514iliBjMOL._SY300_.jpg
Gerald Wilson Big Band – Moment of Truth [(CD) - GW Mosaic] (Mosaic – Pacific Jazz)
— With Carmell Jones, Bob Edmondson, Bud Shank, Joe Maini, Teddy Edwards, Harold Land, Jack Wilson, Joe Pass, Jimmy Bond, Mel Lewis, etc.
61TTt0vShsL._SY300_.jpg

Lovely set!

MG

211UXMrWHoL.jpg

514iliBjMOL._SY300_.jpg
61TTt0vShsL._SY300_.jpg

Lovely set!

MG

I've got the Gerald Wilson tracks 1-80ish on alphabetical order play in the car at the moment and have been enjoying every bit of it. Some of the transitions at the end of the live tracks sound a bit bizarre though in this play-order..

Edited by sidewinder

51cFQEMQt8L._SL500_SX300_.jpg

The Complete Verve Stuff Smith Sessions, Disc 2. I stumbled upon a copy of this last month for $45.99 after shipping. Yes, only $45.99. The only thing wrong with it is that the box is a bit messed up (most of the lettering on the spine is ripped off and the bottom of the box is damaged). The discs, ranging from acceptable to mint, play perfectly and the booklet was included.

Having only Cat on a Hot Fiddle, I jumped at the opportunity to get otherwise-unavailable music and the sessions with Dizzy Gillespie and Oscar Peterson. I can't say enough about the previously unreleased Cat on a Hot Fiddle tracks; Shirley Horn is absolutely spellbinding. Given the quality of the music (I now know that I can easily take Stuff Smith in large doses), it's worth the $125 people are asking for on Amazon.

Edited by Justin V