Revenant is planning big Albert Ayler box

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received notification that my set shipped yesterday and, when I went to UPS to see where it was, found that it was delivered two hours ago. I can't wait to get home from the gym and take a look at this set!

gym? wtf?!? are funny rats allowed there? :g

post some impressions, John! wow, green with envy!

gym? wtf?!? are funny rats allowed there? :g

post some impressions, John! wow, green with envy!

Yes, but I had to get special permission and they still won't play any Brotzmann on their stereo.

The set is stunning visually. I could spend a few hours just going through the book and assorted goodies enclosed in the box and not get bored. You are in for a real treat when this shows up on your doorstep. I have to keep reminding myself that there is some music tucked away in there, too. All 10 cds worth!

I just received my copy out here in Seattle and am currently listening to Disc one. Those first three songs with the Herbert Katz Quintet are quite a trip.

The accompanying book is just amazing!

I'm looking forward to hearing the La Cave recordings.

Not much else I can add that hasn't already been mentioned...

Guest Chaney

I don't have the Revenant Patton set but I must say that the spirit box that houses this set is not quite what I was expecting. Don't ask me why but I was expecting some sort of faux leather jobby but instead it's plastic. Hmmm...

Also, the CDs are not in cases. Hmmm... Again, not familiar with Revenant but is this typical of thier packaging?

Mind you, I'm not complaining. I'd much rather have a less expensive plastic box sitting in my closet that a no doubt more expensively produced box.

(NOT complaints; just observations. I bought the set for the music, not the wrappings. Hope that nips in the bud my being bitch-slapped.)

:bwallace:

got mine yesterday !!! whoa ... ah..

great presentation, huge box ,attention to detail unprecedented, music...only lieten to discs 1 and 2 . Given the sources the sound quality is quite good really and the music it self never less than involving. Many hours of exploration ahead...

Guest Chaney

My question about the box.

What are the happy purchasers of the 'Holy Ghost' doing (or going to do) with the dry flower that comes inside the box?

First off, I'll at least seal the cellophane envelope so it's not necessary that I again clean the inside of the box of the bits of fower entrails.