Trouble ahead for Lance Armstrong

I am told it is tacitly understood in the sport that doping is necessary. People in the business defend it off the record. Armstrong is not being investigated by US authorities because he won races in other countries. The crime is not winning, and it is not cheating, it is doping. So anybody who doped broke the same law regardless of where they placed in whatever event at whatever level of whatever sport. Remember that the charge they want to bring aginst Armstrong is defrauding his sponsors, not winning by cheating. And I am saying to pursue one man as a criminal over ten years is just an obsession. In the end the US authorities want to bring down not only Lance but the French tour. They want to show that it's an invalid sport. And here's the thing, cyclists dope, they are right, but so what? Why spend ten years of your life being a wrecker?

For the record, I was an Ullrich fan. Got a little burned there...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

In the end the US authorities want to bring down not only Lance but the French tour. They want to show that it's an invalid sport. And here's the thing, cyclists dope, they are right, but so what? Why spend ten years of your life being a wrecker?

You might be right. This whole thing is fucking ridiculous.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No shortage of funny doping stories from cycling, but here's a good one (not about LANCE, but I didn't want to start a new thread):

Vansevenant's doping products were only amino acids

...the “doping products” he ordered did not contain the advertised contents, and that he was scammed by the company from which he bought the products..."It's not about doping, so he deserves no punishment," his lawyer said, according to Het Nieuwsblad.

Edited by T.D.