The Grateful Dead Dark Star

jazzbo

Lon, you frickin' rock.  I've been kicking myself for missing this for a month.  Now I'm getting it!  :excited:

Thanks for the heads up, my friend.

HEADS UP GUYS!

Looks as if there were some cancellations, and they're accepting some more preorders!

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.as...5Fid=601&sfid=2

Peter beat me to it. Shoot! I am going to visit this page religiously.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HEADS UP GUYS!

Looks as if there were some cancellations, and they're accepting some more preorders!

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.as...5Fid=601&sfid=2

Ok...I have both the "Golden Road" and "Beyond Description" boxes. I've got the GD Movie Soundtrack. I've got the Closing of Winterland thing. Got a couple of Dick's Picks even. Plenty of multi disc sets there.

WHY is it I keep looking at this, feel overwhelmed that it's too much, and shy away from ordering?

I wasn't on the computer for a few days and I missed Lon's post about additional sets being made available.......

NUTS

I called the Dead on Thursday and they were sold out again.....

I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up the box from the Dead or from someone who bought two of them and wants to sell one.....

Today I listened to most of Dick's Picks Vol. 7.  Anohter good one!

Darn tootin'! :)

I recall a bunch of people complaining (not here) when that came out. They ranged from being bummed that it wasn't a whole show to "of all the stuff from '74, you pick this." Others say it's too mellow. :blink:

It's a keeper!

I like DP7 since they took the best of the three nights- a set here, a few songs there- I agree, a strong DP.

My first is also my favorite- DP10- I really can't explain why- just that it's special all the way through. I just finished DP11 on a long road trip doing field work.

Anyone have any DPs in the 30s?? I'm going to pick up a few of those- 33 and 34 look good- I believe. DP34 is the 3rd one from second half of 1977, I believe.

I also would like a few of the download series but I have a dialup and that won't work. Anyone purchase the download series?

My first is also my favorite- DP10- I really can't explain why- just that it's special all the way through.

I love the killer filler on that one too.

I just finished DP11 on a long road trip doing field work.

That vies with DP12 for my favorite, though there are a bunch more that have been favorites too depending on the day.

Anyone have any DPs in the 30s?? I'm going to pick up a few of those- 33 and 34 look good- I believe. DP34 is the 3rd one from second half of 1977, I believe.

My favorite of the bunch (in the 30s) is DP31 (8/4-6/74), though I have the full shows rather than the pick. (I know, bad Deadhead.) I haven't heard the rarer releases though (DP30 Academy of Music '72 & DP35 from August '71.)

The October '76 shows (DP33) are nice. Too bad The Who's sets aren't available too. My favorite '76 release is DP20, mainly for the 9/28 "Orange Tango Jam." One of those unique things Jerry cooked up on the spot.

DP 34 is 10/5/77. Yup, yet another terrific '77 release and you're right, the 3rd from fall. Boom bada boom - it's a Phil kind of show.

I also would like a few of the download series but I have a dialup and that won't work. Anyone purchase the download series?

I haven't because I don't approve of the price they're charging for FLAC and I'm not interested in MP3. Just another cranky Deadhead. ;)

I've downloaded the third of the download series. An early Keith Godchaux show, his fifth. NICE!

I have #30 and want to get #35 and #36 in the near future. I'm trying to limit my Picks to the pre-1977 shows and to post 1970, my main interest in the band, and that will serve me til I corrall all those Picks. I'm less interested in dates after 1976, have zilch interest in the band after the Godchaux's really.

I know........

Hopefully I can persuade someone to burn a copy of the set, and I'll have the 3 CD set which will have the same booklet as the 10 CD set and you'll have the next best thing. Being that the 10 CD set is OOP allows me to justify the burning of it.

Today I got the newsletter in the mail with details on the 3CD set. I think one of each of the tunes on the 10 cd set will be on the 3cd. I may be easier to digest that way. [Or maybe I am telling myself that becuase I was too slow to pre-order... :rmad: ] I think some of the Dick's Picks are set up that way, anyway. There will be no perfomance duplications with Live Dead on the 3cd set, either. :tup