I want to make something perfectly clear...

Just another vote of confidence for Al, as I've also done many transactions with him. In fact, one disc I sent him broke in transit; not only did he NOT make a fuss, but he was gracious in his correspondences with me on this matter, and we were able to work something out to reimburse him for his loss. To this day, I still believe he should've gotten more for his loss.

:tup

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add that because of a Canadian Customs slowdown, packages are getting held up at the border and taking twice as long as usual to arrive. I know it's affecting packages coming from the US to Canada, and perhaps also packages going from Canada to the US. More patience than usual is required these days.

I don't know if this is anything recent. Packages sent to me from home (Eastern Canada) take FOREVER to get here (Michigan). I mean, 4-6 weeks, and that's air mail!! My mother asked the post office why they take so long, and she was told that if you don't send things by air mail, a lot of times they go by boat!! A couple of years ago I sent a Christmas package on the second week of December. It didn't get there until the third week of January!! My brother has sent me a package in November that didn't arrive until the week after Christmas. And it's Canada Post that is slowing things down-I don't think they work weekends!!

I agree that Allan is good people, many trades always upright. I have learned also that inexpensive postal conveyance across int'l borders is foolish. It's a temptation but don't do it, insist on signature-based shipping in your trades people, it works. And sellers do have to give refunds when stuff gets lost. Set some rules with one another.

I'm not sure what anyone's experiences prove.

I sent the discs on Sept. 9.

Has Conn500 recieved his yet? riverrat? jazzshrink? Michel M? vibes? ejp626? PHILLYQ? Claypone? Bol? Spoontooneous? Street singer? Uncle Skid?

These people all had packages in the same shipment. No complaints yet. So how's this man going to tell me that I knowingly held back his discs (Lou Donaldson's "Hot Dog," Louis Smith's "Here Comes...)? These people can all confirm that I sent the discs on Sept. 9 by simply looking at their postage stamp.

The matter of "proof" has also been broached. What proof could I possibly have? The receipt from Canada Post doesn't state where the discs were sent. Only the method of shipment, and because most of these were sent by the same method one would never know if it was actually sent or not.

It's besides the point now, but I posted the email because I felt threatened and I didn't think it was right for a fellow board member to use the board to slander me (or anyone). Moreover, I agree with Dan that rules regarding lost packages should be set out before the transaction takes place. It's my belief that a seller shouldn't be totally liable for packages lost in the mail. How do I know, for example, that Leeway isn't just lying to me and he actually has the discs? Why should I believe him when he says he doesn't have them? He can't prove he doesn't have them anymore than I can prove I sent them. So why am I held to be wrong?

Thus, in order to avoid these mishaps, I think some sort of honor system should be set in place whereby if something doesn't show, the seller and buyer should split the costs 50/50. That's what is called a compromise.

Edited by undergroundagent

I thought there was a tacit agreement to wrap this up, but I guess not, so:

You write:

It's besides the point now, but I posted the email because I felt threatened and I didn't think it was right for a fellow board member to use the board to slander me (or anyone).

I sent you my e-mail after my previous inquiry to you was met with a less than pleasant response- you were obviously bugged that I even asked for information about when and how the CDs were shipped. Maybe this was because you claimed to have sent them out on Sept. 10 (not 8 or 9), as you eventually told me.

Your tone didn't encourage me to communicate further with you. I did want to check with others who bought from the same thread, but you had deleted the thread, so that option was out.

I then checked with others from organisimo, and they filled me in on some background- let's just say they weren't signing your praises. That started to ring a bell me. I have already posted what I found on the Board. Then you posted your "Adieu" thread, and that really bothered me. That's when I sent you my e-mail, figuring this whole deal was going south anyway.

Yes, I was pissed (still am), but after I sent it, I figured, fuck this, it ain't worth it. If I had wanted to start a thread I could have done it there and then. I didn't. I had decided to just let it go, figuring something like this would happen. There's an old saying, "lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas." I didn't care to have any more to do with you. I also thought your Adieu thread meant what it said (I should have known better), that you were leaving the board. I figured "good riddance to bad rubbish."

I didn't know you started a thread until someone PM'd me. You released my e-mail without my OK. YOU have chosen to make this all public. You have dragged me though the mud. You are used to such doings; I'm not. You also use it as a tactic; who else, caught in such a situation, would want to say anything or go through this.

I come to the board to talk jazz, learn and have some fun. You use the board as a business proposition. From what I can tell, you have a pretty spotty record, to put it mildly.

Since YOU went public, I had, and have, no choice but to respond to you. I have only posted the facts of my situation, and what has already been posted previously by others who have had the misfortune to become entangled with you.

I have never cheated anyone, and I resent the imputation you have made. You're trying to bring me down to your level, but I won't go there.

Why don't you just drop it. If your CDs ever arrive, I will send you back your money. Then I will throw the damn things out, because I wouldn't want anything in my house that was associated with you in any way.

BTW, just for context, I bought a CD from jacknife on 9/5/09, had it on 9/9/09, no fuss, no mess.

The last post didn't concern you. And who are these people that aren't singing my praises? Who are they!?!? Surely, if you refer to them, they must be willing to be heard. I haven't heard anything but silence. Thus, you must be making these people up. In fact, you are the first one to ever threaten me with regards to a sale. Most others would simply message me, request a refund, and move on. What's your excuse? The pharmacy was out of ex-lax so you needed to get your rocks off by making false accusations against me?

As far as I'm concerned, you are totally in the wrong here. You never once asked for a refund. In fact, the only messages I received from you were those asking when I sent them and where they were. Moreover, I had every right to post that message. When you used Organissimo as a means to threaten me (via the post office and paypal) I had every right to let others know what you did.

You can say what you want. I sent your refund when I didn't have too. I apoligized when I didn't have too. All you have done is sit up on your perch and preach innocence. And for that you can go straight to hell. I've done nothing to you.

Edited by undergroundagent

The last post didn't concern you. And who are these people that aren't singing my praises? Who are they!?!? Surely, if you refer to them, they must be willing to be heard. I haven't heard anything but silence. Thus, you must be making these people up. In fact, you are the first one to ever threaten me with regards to a sale. Most others would simply message me, request a refund, and move on. What's your excuse? The pharmacy was out of ex-lax so you needed to get your rocks off by making false accusations against me?

As far as I'm concerned, you are totally in the wrong here. You never once asked for a refund. In fact, the only messages I received from you were those asking when I sent them and where they were. Moreover, I had every right to post that message. When you used Organissimo as a means to threaten me (via the post office and paypal) I had every right to let others know what you did.

You can say what you want. I sent your refund when I didn't have too. I apoligized when I didn't have too. All you have done is sit up on your perch and preach innocence. And for that you can go straight to hell. I've done nothing to you.

Leeway, if you don't want that copy of Hot Dog when it comes, I'd love to buy it off of you. No sense in throwing out a perfectly good Lou Donaldson jam... :D